My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax Apps

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nefarious

I can't see any posts here about the Humax apps but it seems an appropriate place so here goes.

I have managed to download all 3 apps and get the remote to work really well, though I can't work out how to skip a day on the guide, as you would holding down the 'right' button on the regular remote. If anyone knows how, I'd love to hear.

However, my main question is about the Media Player. I have managed to download a number of programmes onto my iPhone but I can't work out how to play them! Any ideas please??

Thanks.

| Fri 27 Oct 2017 16:08:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I don't have an iphone or the box. You would need a DLNA server app on the iphone and the content shared. The phone server should then appear on 4000/5000T as a network device (network share on), clicking on it should reveal the stored videos under the video option.

Random Google search (substitute the Humax box for the smart TV)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/this-is-how-you-stream-content-from-an-iphone-to-a-tv/

| Fri 27 Oct 2017 16:22:56 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Graham I believe the OP is trying to play them on the iPhone not the other way round.

I don't have the box either bit on an iPhone, VLC or MxPlayer will play decrypted ts or m2ts files (ie SD only) along with a wide variety of other formats, but I usually play them from a portable wifi hard drive not from the phone storage itself.

Perhaps Barry would know more about the capabilities of the Humax apps.

| Fri 27 Oct 2017 17:14:46 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

aldaweb - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Graham I believe the OP is trying to play them on the iPhone not the other way round.
    I don't have the box either bit on an iPhone, VLC or MxPlayer will play decrypted ts or m2ts files (ie SD only) along with a wide variety of other formats, but I usually play them from a portable wifi hard drive not from the phone storage itself.
    Perhaps Barry would know more about the capabilities of the Humax apps.

He said he has content on the iphone he wants to play via the Humax box network media player.

I have Android smartphone and tablets but principle is the same.

Of course we don't know what the format is, however HD shouldn't be an issue unless it's itunes DRM protected content.

| Fri 27 Oct 2017 17:18:46 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I assumed, as he said he has downloaded them to the phone (using the humax apps?) that he wants to play them on the phone while away from the box otherwise they would be available on the Humax box drive already.

Perhaps the OP will clarify.

| Fri 27 Oct 2017 17:25:39 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

aldaweb - 24 minutes ago  » 
    I assumed, as he said he has downloaded them to the phone (using the humax apps?) that he wants to play them on the phone while away from the box otherwise they would be available on the Humax box drive already.
    Perhaps the OP will clarify.

Certainly an area of confusion. I was assuming the video files came from a internet source. Youtube downloads for instance. On a Samsung Android mobile device will play most video using the built in app (yet to find anything it wont play including downloaded 1080p24 movie trailers).

| Fri 27 Oct 2017 17:54:53 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Re guide....I don't have iPhone but on ipad (mini)...

TV Guide app - is there not a drop down menu for date above channel number, there is on ipad.

Live TV app (if accessing guide) there is a calendar icon next to the date, again on the ipad.

Media - as other members, clarification needed.

| Fri 27 Oct 2017 19:30:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

nefarious

Apologies if I’ve been at all ambiguous. I will try to spell out what I’ve done. I have installed the Humax Media Player app on my iPhone (and iPad!) and, within the app, downloaded recorded programmes from my Humax box to my iPhone. The app lists the programmes but there is no option to play, which is odd, given the name of the app!! I need help from someone who actually has the app, hopefully who has got it to work!

| Fri 27 Oct 2017 20:57:46 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

nefarious

Does nobody on this forum use the Humax apps then??

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 13:50:41 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

nefarious - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Does nobody on this forum use the Humax apps then??

Sometimes it is not immediately convenient to check out problems.

However...

I've now had time to test this on ipad mini (was confused as to why you were downloading (but now know why...it is the only option) and like you no option to play...I'll check this with Humax Towers.

vlc player appears to work, streaming SD content straight from unit.

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 14:17:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.