My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax Apps

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mlavende

Hi,

just received my 5000T.

Am I right In saying that you can't use these apps to stream HD content from the hummy to a phone via the APP? Only SD content.

Thanks

-Mat

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 16:10:13 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Hi Mat and welcome to our Forum

Correct SD only.

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 16:18:47 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mlavende

That's a bit annoying - I don't remember seeing the 'SD Only' bit in the sales blurb...

So basically if I want to record HD (which is pretty much all I do) I can only watch them on the Hummy. Or can I use the built in SAMBA server to broadcast to other devices? Is that SD only as well?

How about if I bought an H3? Does that work with HD files? I understand it has an issue with ff and rew (confirmed with HumaxDirect) but does the skip function work? I'd be happy with that for ad breaks

Sorry if this sounds like a moan but I'm coming from a T2 with customised firmware and trying to see how this compares

Thanks

-Mat

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 17:24:09 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

nefarious

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 

nefarious - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Does nobody on this forum use the Humax apps then??

Sometimes it is not immediately convenient to check out problems.
    However...
    I've now had time to test this on ipad mini (was confused as to why you were downloading (but now know why...it is the only option) and like you no option to play...I'll check this with Humax Towers.
    vlc player appears to work, streaming SD content straight from unit.

Thanks for investigating. I spend an hour a day on the bus and being able to watch what I have recorded while travelling seemed like such a good idea, so the play option not being available is very frustrating. The live TV app is fine when I want the football on on my iPad while I’m meant to be watching a film with my wife (!) but no good for remote viewing, due to needing to be on the same WiFi as the box

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 17:37:37 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

mlavende - 22 minutes ago  » 
    That's a bit annoying - I don't remember seeing the 'SD Only' bit in the sales blurb...
    So basically if I want to record HD (which is pretty much all I do) I can only watch them on the Hummy. Or can I use the built in SAMBA server to broadcast to other devices? Is that SD only as well?
    How about if I bought an H3? Does that work with HD files? I understand it has an issue with ff and rew (confirmed with HumaxDirect) but does the skip function work? I'd be happy with that for ad breaks
    Sorry if this sounds like a moan but I'm coming from a T2 with customised firmware and trying to see how this compares
    Thanks
    -Mat

You can share HD content between a couple of 4000T's or 4000T and 5000T.

H3 works well with both.

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 17:48:36 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mlavende

Barry - 17 minutes ago  » 

mlavende - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks
    -Mat

You can share HD content between a couple of 4000T's or 4000T and 5000T.
    H3 works well with both.

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 18:06:25 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mlavende

H3 works well with both.

So can you confirm whether the skip function works properly or not please?

This could be the answer to my problems.

Thanks

-Mat

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 18:08:09 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Mat - see my reply to another question re skip function and H3 here

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 19:02:19 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mlavende

Ah-ha! So it looks like the skip works then thanks. Wish I'd seen that earlier and I'd have bought the H3 as a bundle with the 5000T and saved myself a few pounds.

Thanks for your help

-Mat

| Thu 2 Nov 2017 19:14:19 #19 |
  10. j0hn.h4rv3y

j0hn.h4rv3y

When I use the HUMAX Media Player for iOS app, it goes through the motions of downloading a selected file, but on reaching 100%, up pops a “Download Failed” dialog.
    Then obviously there is no Play option.
    Seems a pity, because it would be useful to watch a recorded program when away from my HDR1800T.

| Sun 15 Dec 2019 14:45:38 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.