My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura died

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AWB51

Hi I am new to this so please bear with me I have a problem with my new

Humax Aura 4K Android TV Recorder SKU: 91-00922-UK61 Hard Drive Size

This is my fourth Humax box starting way back with the Duo. They have all been excellent quality products and given years of great service.
    This new box however, that on paper seemed to provide all I needed going forward having just moved and replaced all my old equipment. An app that gives you access like Freeview, 4K, 2Tb hard drive plus Android operating system. Whilst it is expensive I thought I could retire my old BT You view box that has served me faultlessly since 2013.

After about two weeks the Aura decided that it would stop and reboot every few days. More recently it stops and reboots every night. Yesterday I could not get anything at all on the Aura. Another power off and on again. This morning was exactly the same.

I now seem to own a dead PVR that is useless. The 8 year old BT Youview box will have to go back under the main TV.

I am surprised as my previous models have been virtually faultless. Am I missing somethin? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 12:16:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

AWB51 - 36 mins ago  » 
    I now seem to own a dead PVR that is useless. The 8 year old BT Youview box will have to go back under the main TV.
    I am surprised as my previous models have been virtually faultless. Am I missing somethin? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

To me that sounds like a box with a hardware fault; return it to the supplier for replacement under warranty.

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 12:55:32 #2 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I agree with Martin. Touch wood I've not had a crash or unexpected reboot in nearly 2 months use so sounds like a hardware fault. Mine is the same model as yours with the 2TB drive.

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 13:10:11 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.