My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura None of my problems solved!

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

eugene

I was told that a FAT 3 formatted usb3 drive would be seen by the Aura. Where do I see the drive on my Aura? It does not show up anywhere I've looked.

Every day the Aura records programmes I have not set!

Is there ANY way for the recordings to NOT have the word NEW in front of some of them?

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 17:56:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

eugene - 23 mins ago  » 
    I was told that a FAT 3 formatted usb3 drive would be seen by the Aura. Where do I see the drive on my Aura? It does not show up anywhere I've looked.
    Every day the Aura records programmes I have not set!
    Is there ANY way for the recordings to NOT have the word NEW in front of some of them?

The NEW is is provided by the broadcaster to indicate it's new content It's part of the programme name. So nothing to do with the Aura. You can only see content stored on a USB drive using a app like MX player. Though one poster has identified a an app that can copy content to the internal drive.

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 18:22:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

eugene

So, Graham Why does it have two USB sockets if they are no use?

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 18:32:16 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

eugene - 17 secs ago  » 

I didn't say they were no use. Not tried this but I guess if you plug a device into either you can select either as a source. On other Humax boxes you can also use a usb hub, Guessing you probably can using a humax.

Did you try MX player with a usb source attached ?

Can you post a photo of some of your recordings that you say you did not ask for. ?

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 18:35:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

eugene

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 19:26:24 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I did not say they were of no use. Did you try playing back content from a usb attached drive using say MX player ?

If you add two with different content it's likely that the you can select either drive as the source or even use a usb hub. .

There is a much superior way. Connect a usb drive to a PC. Download the free Plex server software to the PC. Add the drive or PC folder with the files in and the contents to plex.

Install the Plex client to the aura and login to your Plex account.

You can see all the files on your PC plex server drive (or folder) and play them back.

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 20:26:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

eugene

Hi Graham. I do that already. I have been using Plex for years with my other Humax 5000t. I want to play stuff directly on the TV from the usb through the new Aura, I will send a picture tomorrow of the recordings. They are all from shopping channels or radio. Thank you.

| Sun 29 Nov 2020 22:11:34 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.