My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura Quite a few problems in my first week

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

eugene

I leave the Humax Aura switched on all night because I usually have things set to record. However the Red Light shows all night. When I switch on TV and goto HDMI 1 which the Aura is on, there is a black screen, until I press the live tv button.
    Then when I look at the list of recordings, there are three or four recordings I did not set! Some of them are radio! Does an Aura Demon live inside? Seriously though it is really weird. Any suggestions about any of these things, please?

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:52:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

eugene - 4 hours ago  » 
    I leave the Humax Aura switched on all night because I usually have things set to record. However the Red Light shows all night. When I switch on TV and goto HDMI 1 which the Aura is on, there is a black screen, until I press the live tv button.
    Then when I look at the list of recordings, there are three or four recordings I did not set! Some of them are radio! Does an Aura Demon live inside? Seriously though it is really weird. Any suggestions about any of these things, please?

When you say you leave it on all night do you mean in or out of standby?

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 15:58:35 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

boogersa - 3 mins ago  » 

eugene - 4 hours ago  » 

When you say you leave it on all night do you mean in or out of standby?

Must be in standby for the LED to be red.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 16:02:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

eugene

Hi I dont know the answer to this. When i go to bed I just leave everything switched on except the tv. Should I be pressing some button first?

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 19:49:43 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

eugene - 5 mins ago  » 
    Hi I dont know the answer to this. When i go to bed I just leave everything switched on except the tv. Should I be pressing some button first?

A short press on the power button should change the blue led to red. Once red it's in active sby. It should still wake to make overnight recordings.

Before you do check the recording schedule matches what you expect to be recording.

I can only guess you accidentally set a radio recording while listening to radio channel.

Not played with BBC sounds so I guess this may be involved.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 19:58:05 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

When you turn in if the LED is Blue, unit is on.

Unit will automatically shut down to standby in accordance with the setting in Device Preferences, Screen Saver, Put Device to Sleep.

There is no need to leave the unit on for recordings to take place, they will work with unit in standby.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 20:00:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

eugene

Thank you. We will press that power button in future. We never ever put the machine on Radio, nor ANY of the Channels (Mostly Advertising ones) the machine sets by itself.

| Mon 23 Nov 2020 20:07:36 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.