My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax Eye Camera

(54 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Hi, was looking at getting the Humax Eye camera, can someone tell me if I can look back further then 7 days via the iCloud storage please!
    Many Thanks In Advance.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 19:54:53 #1 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I have looked into this a bit - and my thoughts are that you cannot. It's a rolling 7 days so the first image captures get overwritten by the most recent when the 7-day limit is reached. Unless you save any activity anything the camera captures is lost. To get that for free is IMHO amazing. Camera itself is probably a little expensive, but it does look good. R-

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 20:15:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Hi thanks for fast reply, was looking at the Nest camera which is the same but not free. My only concern is it would be Sod's law god forbid that you were away on holiday for two weeks when something bad happens & files get over ridden or is their a way round this please?
    Many Thanks.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 20:21:28 #3 |
  4. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I don't know what the Nest camera does but with the Eye you get an alert on your phone (or iPad etc.) when activity is detected, you view the activity and then decide if you want to save it. Where it saves to and how you do that I am uncertain. The company dealing with the cloud recording (and maybe saving) were having some difficulty with the alert side of things so I didn't proceed. R-

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 21:03:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Hi, purchased the Humax Eye in the end after getting a discount code sent & the fact their is no on going cloud storage fees. Must admit has been a right mare in first place to set the thing up, what with not being able to find app in App Store To then it not being able to detect via b/tooth the device. Have been in touch via Humax tech to sort & try different things which have not proved successful, although tech have been very quick to respond & helpful. The latest problem iam having is the device is not detecting when I leave & return home which it did for the first day. In the end they have decided device is faulty & I will return for hopefully fully working one.
    One thing that has crossed my mind though is even though it’s good it detects when you leave/return home, surely God Forbid if someone breaks into you house while your asleep I would want/need device to record episode for evidence.
    Many Thanks.

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 8:44:15 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Guinnessdublin - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi, purchased the Humax Eye in the end after getting a discount code sent & the fact their is no on going cloud storage fees. Must admit has been a right mare in first place to set the thing up, what with not being able to find app in App Store To then it not being able to detect via b/tooth the device. Have been in touch via Humax tech to sort & try different things which have not proved successful, although tech have been very quick to respond & helpful. The latest problem iam having is the device is not detecting when I leave & return home which it did for the first day. In the end they have decided device is faulty & I will return for hopefully fully working one.
    One thing that has crossed my mind though is even though it’s good it detects when you leave/return home, surely God Forbid if someone breaks into you house while your asleep I would want/need device to record episode for evidence.
    Many Thanks.

Try turning off gps on your phone overnight.

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 10:33:01 #6 |
  7. RogerB

RogerB

special member

On an iPhone you can turn Gps off for any particular app - rather than altogether, if that helps. I wonder would invoking airplane mode "hide" you from the camera? R-

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 10:54:44 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Hi thanks for input, yes good idea turning it to air port mode I guess it’s just a pain having to remember to do this each night, it’s a pity their is no schedule you could do within app for this.
    I see when searching you have since purchased one RogerB how are you getting on with it & did you have a mare like me setting it up, as see also Y-Cam customers are now having to pay for cloud storage, I did wonder that’s why they were going cheap before they have a warehouse full of unsold cameras on their hands?

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 11:20:53 #8 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Yes, it is fine thanks. Setting up was easy (BT Hub6, if it makes any difference) and I spent quite a bit of time getting a good location for it as the whole room shot did not, in my opinion, seem to give enough definition to be useful if anything were to occur. To be honest I have turned it off for the moment as my intended use will only be whilst the house is empty - hopefully I'll remember to turn it on

I had wanted it to look over the cars outside but the sun (of which we have plenty just lately) put a cast over the lens that rendered recordings useless. Odd that direct Y-Cam customers have to pay for storage whilst Humax customers don't. I expect someone clever on here can explain that odd business model.

R-

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 11:58:20 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Yes I also have the BT H/hub 6 which with other devices has been a problem not very smart in my opinion.
    When you were setting up device on y-cam app & at stage of looking for b/tooth devices my eye was not being found, this is after many attempts of switching on/off b/tooth on my phone, in the end I was able to press continue Top r/hand side of app & continue set up.
    How do you find the audio on recordings, as I find it not great unless your facing device when speaking?
    Many Thanks.

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 12:21:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.