(54 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Not really got engaged with audio. I will fire it up and report back. R-

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 16:57:39 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Okay great, just be intrested on your opinion thanks!

| Sun 1 Jul 2018 17:13:00 #12 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Guinnessdublin - 1 day ago  » 
    How do you find the audio on recordings, as I find it not great unless your facing device when speaking?
    Many Thanks.

Just tried utilising Airplane mode and it stops everything working - you may need to try the GPS route I think. As for audio, my findings concur with yours, my TV sounded like Pinky and Perky having a row. The picture quality however is exceptional. R-

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 14:40:37 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Lol, Okay thanks for info/update, just another thing I no you mentioned having it turned off but can you recall device clocking when you left/returned home each day with Notification ?
    Thanks.

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 18:15:25 #14 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

No. It is not that refined methinks. R-

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 21:53:25 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Mine was doing this for the first couple of days & then stopped giving notifications, that’s when I got onto Humax tech support After a very long doing this trying that with device they have agreed to replace with new device. Just again out of intrest was asking how this had worked for you on your device!
    Thanks.

| Mon 2 Jul 2018 22:29:11 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

I'm on my second device after returning the first due to the location recordings notifications stopped working after a few days.

The worst part is the camera still thinks I'm in the house when I'm not so is effectively useless as it doesn't record movements. I've tested it with dogs in the room and no notification nor recordings happen. The camera detects movement and notifications are sent when location recording is turned off.

The second replacement device seems no better. Even though location permissions are set on the app. In android settings for location on my phone you can't see the location requests from the app coming through. If you launch maps or any other app that uses location you can see the recent app permission requests.

I've cleared cache and data on the app, deleted the app and reinstalled it and hard reset both cameras but to no avail.

Will try on a different phone next but location had working for a few days previously on the original phone.

Any advice from anyone appreciated as Humax CS only suggested reset the camera and resinstall the app previously before sending the replacement.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 1:06:15 #17 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Location recording works fine with my Eye and my Android 8.1 Phone, I receive a notification both when I leave home and when I return.

Just in case it makes a difference smart lock is also set on the Phone using both Location and a device.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 7:24:07 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Guinnessdublin - 1 year ago  » 
    Hi, was looking at getting the Humax Eye camera, can someone tell me if I can look back further then 7 days via the iCloud storage please!
    Many Thanks In Advance.

Only if you copy footage to local storage.

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 9:39:30 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Hi, have now received & set up my replacement camera so far so good in the fact it is picking up when I leave & return home. The camera as a whole iam pretty pleased with, the only gripe I have with the Y-cam app is the fact their is no recording schedule so when you go to sleep you could schedule to record between the hours of sleep & waking up if their was any motion detected! The only work around this is having to remember each night to turn off Location Recording which is a big pain, so come on Y-cam Get It Sorted!

| Sun 29 Jul 2018 10:17:31 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.