My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax Eye CCTV camera - on sale

(75 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I got an e-mail from Humax this morning saying that this camera was on offer at £49 instead of £129. You need the discount code which is EYE49 at the checkout page. It gets good reviews - I have one on order. The sale lasts until 25 June 2018. R-

| Mon 18 Jun 2018 9:51:57 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would get one but they only ship to the U.K.

| Mon 18 Jun 2018 10:37:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Anyone well acquainted with the T/C's of this product? In particular the cloud storage, is it free for the life of the product? It looks really good and the reviews speak to that but I am intrigued by what support Humax are offering on Cloud storage. If I put this in the main hallway of my house, best place to monitor movement into and out of the house and the route an intruder would be sure to use in moving through the property, it will surely generate lots of Cloud data over 7 days. It could easily have a life of 10 years. Are Humax offering lifetime (of the product) free Cloud storage? Or after whatever time you start paying?

| Tue 19 Jun 2018 19:18:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I contacted Humax Direct and this is the reply...

"The Humax Eye Camera service is provided by Y-cam. This service is currently Free and will not change. The camera does use a motion detection which is setup on the Y-Cam App. These recordings are stored for 7 days. You can save recorded clips of interest if needed, otherwise they will be erased. "

| Wed 20 Jun 2018 14:15:24 #4 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I have set mine up and have to say it is very straight forward. I must have inadvertently recorded 20 or so video clips of me faffing about with the cables and such like and all recordings on a rolling 7 day cycle are retained on the Y-Cam servers. You actually have 7 days recorded with the current day still active and recording. Downloaded video clips go to your photos folder (on an iPhone anyway) and are filed by date of capture. How they can offer free server storage is beyond me - but I'll take it. Slight downside is the login screen does not retain login details, so these have to be entered each time. Not onerous I know, just as a Mac user I am used to autofill everything. R-

| Wed 20 Jun 2018 15:12:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

There is one downside to this device, which is common to all devices of this type. You have to leave your router on. I'm often away for periods of up to 6 weeks, the very time you want to be using the camera, but I am hesitant about leaving a router switched on for that period of an empty house. It's a toss-up between your house burning down and someone breaking in. If they break in they're probably well masked up and the camera is telling you nothing other than you've been broken in.
    Decisions, decisions!

| Wed 20 Jun 2018 16:55:42 #6 |
  7. RogerB

RogerB

special member

There is only is much you can do I agree. You might get rough height, build and vehicle number, plus with audio on you may even get a name (don't tell them your name Pike - type of thing). I thought it was worth a punt for £49. R-

| Wed 20 Jun 2018 17:04:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Can you use this device without any of the recording facilities? I have a potential use for a live camera that I can monitor, but don't need to record.

| Wed 20 Jun 2018 17:26:20 #8 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I don't think it can be used for direct video feed. Latency between video capture and the images appearing on your phone can be several minutes - no doubt due to the vagaries of broadband. R-

| Wed 20 Jun 2018 18:56:06 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Humax appear to be out of stock and you cannot use the promotion in this condition.
    Suspect dumping excess stock.

| Wed 20 Jun 2018 21:07:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.