My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax F2-FOX T and Philips gr1ax tv

(46 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

seasideman - 2 hours ago  » 
    Yes that's it. In uhf tuning menu it's set to PAL1 it has Pal1 /g /b
    Uhf offset on 0 AV control scart rgb vcr scart cvbs Audio output mono/stereo

Make sure the games console is on. When you scan for TV channels does it not find one ?

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 15:51:47 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

seasideman

No it finds ch8 which has the tv channels on but not the games.

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 16:37:57 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

seasideman - 24 mins ago  » 
    No it finds ch8 which has the tv channels on but not the games.

I am confused. How are you getting live TV ? You can in any case only get a single channel using a single UHF carrier ( You must have allocated a logical channel number of 8 to whatever UHF carrier is being used). Do you have a freeview box with a composite video out and it's own modulator. And you use that to switch what live TV is shown on UHF lcn 8.

If the above kit is right you will need a simple coax combiner to add the games or a simple coax switch to connect the games console instead of the Freeview box.

You must have some other kit you haven't mentioned.

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 17:06:31 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

seasideman

Sorry i did say at the start of threads i have a Humax F2 Fox-T stb
    Hope this helps.

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 17:39:27 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

seasideman

Update so sorry it was in another thread.

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 17:54:42 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

seasideman - 6 mins ago  » 
    Sorry i did say at the start of threads i have a Humax F2 Fox-T stb
    Hope this helps.

Now this makes sense. Small steps.

Remove the aerial input from the TV. Connect the yellow and white coax leads from the game to the new seperate modulator. Connect the new modulator rf out to the TV aerial in on the the TV and set the modulator channel to 21.. Turn on the games console. Do a scan for channels on the TV. When and if you find the games channel allocate a channel number other than 8.

When you have this working it will be possible to use both without swapping cables just by changing the channel number on the TV. To do this need first to find out what UHF channel the Humax modulator is using so the two don't clash.

You may be happy with just swapping the coax cables.

When you find the games cons

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 17:56:26 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

seasideman

Ok i will try this in the morning and let you know how it goes.
    Thanks for your understanding and patience.

| Tue 2 Jun 2020 18:00:47 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

seasideman

Afternoon Graham, no go but to be honest i'm not sure what i'm doing.
    My set up at this time is main aerial into humax rf in humax rf out to tv. So i don't quite understand your instructions.
    When you say set modulator to ch 21 do you mean ch 21 on humax?. Also how would i get the humax modulator ch. If you have had enough of this saga i fully understand, my hair is getting greyer by the hour.
    Thanks Steve

| Wed 3 Jun 2020 13:38:00 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Assuming you bought the toolstation modulator.

Remove the coax plugged into the TV leaving the socket empty.

Power the modulator on and use the channel up down buttons till the display shows 21.

The box should have come with a scart adaptor. Plug the adaptor into the modulator.

It will look like this

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/VTOP-SCART-Adapter-Component-Switchable-Black/dp/B01CV4MN7K/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1C1NWA2JTAD67&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=scart+adapter&qid=1591188879&sprefix=scart+%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVTNHSkdaMjdHTjNBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzYzNzY3M1VFSzJIMzhITVRWQSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDQ2NDgzMjUzQUxZV0RWODQ0VCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

It should have standard RCA phono sockets. Power up the games console. Plug the yellow lead into the yellow socket on the adaptor. Plug the white plug into the white or red socket.

You now need to connect the socket on the modulator most likely marked rf or aerial out into the TV. You might have to borrow the coax cable you use to connect the HDR-FOX-T2 to make this connection.

Follow the instructions in the TV manual to look for a new channel. Give it a number other than 8.

You should now be able to see and hear the games console on the TV. If the TV has manual tune capability set it to channel 21.

Unplug the existing aerial connection on the TV.

Power up the games console

| Wed 3 Jun 2020 13:54:00 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

seasideman

Oops so i have to get a seperate modulator. I thought the one in the humax was ok.

| Wed 3 Jun 2020 14:07:08 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.