My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax Freesat HDR-1100S and YouTube app

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Since Freesat dropped support for the Humax HDR-1100S Freesat box the On-Demand apps are now a long way out-of-date and some have been removed altogether. E.g. All4 and ITV Hub (now called ITVX). I have noticed that YouTube is still available via Humax but it is becoming more unreliable. The Humax/YouTube app is increasingly showing an ‘Incorrect Link’ message when trying to access YouTube. Switching off at the wall socket and then on again after two minutes fixes it but then it happens again the day after. I also use the Humax/Netflix app but this issue is only with the YouTube app. Maybe other people are seeing the same issue?

Question - Is this an outdated app issue or the box developing a problem?

Attachments

1. Incorrect_Link.JPG (33.7 KB, 0 downloads) 1 year old
    | Fri 23 Dec 2022 8:34:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Justintime,

Welcome to Humax forum. YES everything you mention happens with mine. Yes, it's outdated & ITV Hub is not going to be replaced with ItvX ( as far as I can read on forums) Very frustrating I know, you pay good money for the equipment. The solution, purchase an Amazon Firestick/or Roku & never look back! Faster, more reliable & less stress. I fully/totally appreciate this doesn't solve your problem. Humax don't seem interested anymore, like quite a few companies with technology support. Part of problem could be related to Covid with staff support etc, but main one is money.

I noticed problem with ITv Hub ages ago when the catch up wasn't correctly working on EPG. I used to reset, redo all my schedules etc. Spent at least an hour each time after afterwards to rekey in all passwords for each app after doing factory reset. But don't bin your pvr! Use it for recording. I have several pvrs: Freesat, Youview, Freeview & still record. You have full control over your recordings without adverts keep cutting in. The Humax Foxsat is an excellent machine, getting old now, but built like a tank without apps, but loads of features. Worth checking out, especially with customised software found on web.

Since middle of this year, I have purchased an Amazon Firestick 4K HD model ( best time to purchase is when Amazon have their half price Prime days!) Well worth the money. Only just found out that Humax are no longer doing updates on their current model the Aura! The Youtube app does have an update that you can obtain via this Humax forum, but it doesn't completely fix everything. The navigation still has bugs. The Amazon flies along in seconds.

Hopefully given you some food for thought Justintime? Enjoy your Christmas! John L

| Fri 23 Dec 2022 13:17:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

@jdlfreetime - Thanks for your input.

As you say the HDR-1100S is now only fit for recording and watching live Freesat TV. I find the Freesat EPG user interface very good, which makes it easy to find channels to record.

Yes, I have considered a Roku stick but I don't need one yet since I have access to all apps via my TV. It's just that we got so used to accessing apps via the Humax but now we need to get used to accessing apps via the TV now.

Out of interest you state "The Youtube app does have an update that you can obtain via this Humax forum, but it doesn't completely fix everything."

Can you post a link to this YouTube app update please?

I was amazed by your statement that Humax are not even supporting their current Aura box. This is shocking considering it is still being sold. It doesn't apply to myself but it makes me wonder how bad things must be at Humax.

| Fri 23 Dec 2022 14:17:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

I was amazed by your statement that Humax are not even supporting their current Aura box. This is shocking considering it is still being sold. It doesn't apply to myself but it makes me wonder how bad things must be at Humax.

Yes Justintime, I too was amazed, not my comments, only what I also read. You only have to read the forum & you will find the current news ref the Aura pvr:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/5000t-end-of-life#post-97376

& also many answers inc Youtube, not sure where, but you should find the details & link somewhere. As far as I remember it was around last year. John L

| Fri 23 Dec 2022 15:12:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I totally agree with your post #8 in the link you provided. https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/5000t-end-of-life#post-97376

i.e. Don't buy Humax if you want to watch On-demand via Humax.

I'll call this closed/solved and just use the box for live TV/Recording.

| Fri 23 Dec 2022 16:28:32 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.