My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR-1000S Lost Recording

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

marlg

Humax HDR-1000S

My unit had been operating normally and recording programs.
    The next time I switch on the unit and went to watch a recording it said there were no recorded programs and less than 1% disk space used. Went in to settings/system settings/storage and it had a screen saying if you wanted to record programs to attach an HDD or USB drive with no option to format.
    I have had this problem before and a hard drive clean was available or sometime just cutting the power did rectified the problem but this time no such luck.
    Having read on different forms that a new hard drive was needed I purchased a new Seagate st1000vm002 the same as the one in my unit and fitted it.
    The problem still existed.
    I have spoken to Humax using their chat but have had no joy just being told to purchase a new unit and they will not even advise on any independent repairers.

Can a full reboot be done on this unit not a factory reset which I have tried a number of times or if not can anyone help me on how do I fix this problem?
    Here's hoping Garry

| Sun 18 Dec 2016 20:43:06 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

A known problem affecting a small umber of units, see this post:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-recording-no-hard-drive-hdr-1000s500gb/page/2#post-52816

You need to contact Humax support on 0344 318 8800.

| Sun 18 Dec 2016 20:55:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

marlg

Thanks Barry having use the chat option and now as advised ringing Humax Support I have given up.
    The member of the support team I got spoke like he was in the legal department giving nothing away and no help what so ever and even let me know his dis-like of forums!
    Do you know any independent repairers I coul use?

Regard Garry.

| Mon 19 Dec 2016 17:39:06 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Garry

Do you have a name for the person you spoke to....PM me if you have, do not post on open forum, and I'll take it up with the support manager at Humax Towers. I've already highlighted this thread to him.

All the customer service advisors should be well versed in how to handle calls re the lost recordings problem on freesat products.

| Mon 19 Dec 2016 18:05:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Corks finest

It's going on for years,and still humax won't admit their fault,countless ppl have lost all recordings,m y old unit us worthless,and can't record etc,etc,no faith in humax,obviously a design fault

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 22:12:35 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Corks finest - 9 minutes ago  » 
    It's going on for years,and still humax won't admit their fault,countless ppl have lost all recordings,m y old unit us worthless,and can't record etc,etc,no faith in humax,obviously a design fault

You obviously have not read info dating back to Oct!

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-recording-no-hard-drive-hdr-1000s500gb/page/2#post-52816

| Thu 22 Dec 2016 22:22:34 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Corks finest - 13 hours ago  » 

Don't think I have ever read a post with so many glaring errors.

Clearly you have done zero investigation as to the problem.

All this info is freely available on this forum.

1 Problem came to light with a few posts around November last year, about 13 months or so.

2 The problem proved difficult to find as units sent back to South Korea had started working again during the time it took them to get there. Similar reports from a few users also indicated similar with the box starting to work again.

3 The problem was eventually traced to a unspecified component on the mother board, presumably in the hard drive controller circuitry. Recent comments from Humax support seem to indicate it's a faulty resistor.

4 Older boxes don't appear to be affected. So far my first generation HDR1000S has been fine

5 Humax will repair units FOC if in guarantee (2yrs for registered users), and at a nominal charge (carriage only) for those outside this period. Suggest you try and buy a new twin tuner pvr for less than £27.00.

6 Reports from those who have had the repair have indicated that all their recordings were preserved, which TBH is excellent service.

7 Where did you get thousands from, another unsubstantiated assertion

8 You could have had your box repaired since October this year.

| Fri 23 Dec 2016 11:57:34 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Update....The OP has now been offered the repair for this issue.

| Fri 6 Jan 2017 17:19:42 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.