My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR 1000s Not recognising hard drive

(16 posts)
  1. ChrisT

ChrisT

Just an update, exactly 3 weeks after fixing my box the missing hard drive error reoccurred. I powered down and unplugged the box overnight but when I switched it back on the hard drive still couldn't be seen so I tried the heat gun fix again.

On this attempt I heated the heat sink chip area non-stop until the box cut out. Once the box restarted the hard drive was still not visible so I powered down and unplugged the box and gave it 10 minutes to cool down. Once restarted the hard drive and all recordings were visible again.

| Sun 8 Jan 2023 16:57:17 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcalf

Has anyone tried this on a HDR 1100s that is locked in the constant failing to boot up situation?
    It boots up fine when the Hard Drive is disconnected.

| Mon 30 Jan 2023 16:16:57 #12 |
  3. ChrisT

ChrisT

Just another update, I lost my recordings again today so my most recent fix lasted about 10 weeks.

For anyone else who has tried the heatgun fix, is your box still working? If not, how long did it last for?

| Tue 21 Mar 2023 11:30:32 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

ChrisT - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just another update, I lost my recordings again today so my most recent fix lasted about 10 weeks.
    For anyone else who has tried the heatgun fix, is your box still working? If not, how long did it last for?

Hi ChrisT,

I used to have the 1000S & it was very unreliable with the same fault. I now have the 1100S & I remember there was a problem with the 1000S Sata interface on the motherboard many years ago back 2016/2017 time. Around that time, Humax kindly swapped unit over from a 1000S to a 1100S for a small charge.

My 1100S is still working correctly. Not sure if you are going to be able to solve the fault. Even if you could, I think it will fail again. Depends if you have the time to test, but you may lose your recordings again. The motherboard designs are totally different. The 1100S is a more compact design. I guess Humax knew there was a problem & released the newer model, especially as they replaced faulty 1000S units with the 1100S? John L

| Tue 21 Mar 2023 13:37:15 #14 |
  5. ChrisT

ChrisT

jdlfreetime - 2 hours ago  » The motherboard designs are totally different. The 1100S is a more compact design. I guess Humax knew there was a problem & released the newer model, especially as they replaced faulty 1000S units with the 1100S? John L

Yes I had noticed that the innards of the 1100s was different to the 1000s. Hopefully Humax rectified the issues in the newer release. I am reluctant to shell out for the new Arris model, reviews are mixed to say the least.

| Tue 21 Mar 2023 15:59:03 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

ChrisT - 6 hours ago  » 

jdlfreetime - 2 hours ago  » The motherboard designs are totally different. The 1100S is a more compact design. I guess Humax knew there was a problem & released the newer model, especially as they replaced faulty 1000S units with the 1100S? John L

Yes I had noticed that the innards of the 1100s was different to the 1000s. Hopefully Humax rectified the issues in the newer release. I am reluctant to shell out for the new Arris model, reviews are mixed to say the least.

Yes, I agree there are mixed reviews regarding the Arris. A recent topic mentioned no manual padding option, which is an oversight in design if needed. Unless they improve reliability, I would stick with older Freesat models. John L

| Tue 21 Mar 2023 22:09:54 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.