My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HUMAX HDR-1000S social media and apps.

(19 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

In all the time I've had my box I've never even seen those screens.
    I've had a look and yeah your right it certainly gives the impression of extra apps and a 'How to use Twitter' page.
    I know some of the apps have already been added to the box already and anything else shouldn't be expected, but just don't understand the logic behind the how to use Twitter selection when it's not even available.
    Case of false advertising that is, bad show Humax.

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 19:15:23 #11 |
  2. Davy

Davy

special member

Are you sure that's for the Humax 1010s because I have the latest one and didn't get that on my side of the box and still have it here somewhere.....it is just a Freesat box after all..

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 22:57:53 #12 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Davy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Are you sure that's for the Humax 1010s because I have the latest one and didn't get that on my side of the box and still have it here somewhere.....it is just a Freesat box after all..

Tim posted pics on the previous page, the last pic shows the HDR 1000s box.
    If you press Home, select Humax - TV Portal - User Guide,
    It shows screenshots of TV Apps and there's also a a section on how to use Twitter.

| Thu 9 Apr 2015 0:26:24 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

timawells

It's definitely the HDR 1000s box and screen which I took a photograph of yesterday. Like I said I believe I have been deceived by both Curries and Humax and neither will admit culpability. I understand that the HDR 1010S is advertised as a smart TV box.

| Thu 9 Apr 2015 9:50:59 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

timawells - 23 hours ago  » 
    Even back in 2012 it was suggested the box would be upgraded to do facebook and twitter. http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/pvrs/52326/humax-hdr-1000s-review.

Not suggested - only hoped. The reviewer's hopes have not been fulfilled with regard to Twitter and Facebook, but YouTube is available in the On Demand section.

If you feel strongly that the presence of the "How to use social media, taking Twitter as an example" video is misleading, due to the absence of Twitter, your best recourse might be to complain to the Advertising Standards Agency, who ( if their adjudication supports your complaint) could probably persuade Humax to take the video away.

The box does have social media apps (Flickr, Youtube), even if not the precise ones you hoped for.

Smart TV means IPTV-capable, not social-media-capable.

| Thu 9 Apr 2015 17:46:56 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

timawells

This was the online advertisement on the Curries web site, which quite clearly says it was Smart. I have attached the picture.

Attachments

1. Clipboard01.jpg (64.2 KB, 16 downloads) 9 years old
    | Fri 10 Apr 2015 15:47:08 #16 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It does only say "Smart: YouTube"

| Fri 10 Apr 2015 16:37:47 #17 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

timawells - 1 hour ago  » 
    This was the online advertisement on the Curries web site, which quite clearly says it was Smart. I have attached the picture.

Yes it clearly says Smart, but as already pointed out by Repassac it only says YouTube next to it.
    Even going through the Product Details it only mentions BBCiPlayer, ITVPlayer, 4OD & Demand 5.

As for being deceived, well that all depends on if anyone actually told you the product comes with the apps that you assumed it may have. If nobody told you that then you haven't been deceived as there's no mention of Facebook or Twitter at all anywhere on the advertising & packaging, the only thing where Humax could be held accountable is by having a 'How to use Twitter' instruction within the TV Portal user guide.

| Fri 10 Apr 2015 17:24:59 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If you're not interested in anything the box does actually do, you could sell it and buy a Samsung Smart Blu-Ray player. That probably will have Twitter and Facebook - but ask before you buy, get the sales assistant's name, and buy from a retailer with a customer-friendly returns policy, such as Richer Sounds or John Lewis.

It's a good box. Should fetch a decent price on ebay.

Edit. Here's an LG Smart Blu-Ray player for only £49.95, with Twitter and Facebook both on board. http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/lg/bp440/lg-bp440

| Fri 10 Apr 2015 19:35:47 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.