My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax jumping/skipping

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Liz Holder

Before joining this super-helpful Forum, I had emailed Humax Customer Support. They have just replied,

"To reset your PVR-9300T please follow the below instructions. Please note that performing this reset will clear your recording schedule and any system settings that you have changed.

Performing a reset can resolve issues with picture/sound issues, recording issues and also missing channels.
    • Press Menu
    • Select Installation
    • Enter your password (default is 0000)
    • Select Default Setting
    • Select Yes and enter your password once more

The unit will switch off for a brief period and once it reboots it will start an automatic scan to install your channels.

Follow the below as well, please.
    • Remove the used/old batteries on the Humax remote
    • Press the ON/OFF button multiple times, this is to discharge any electricity inside the remote
    • Insert a fresh pair of batteries in the remote

Further troubleshooting steps to continue if the above steps wont fix it.

You can reset frequencies on the remote control.
    To do this,
    • Turn off any other Humax at the mains(except the one you want to connect the remote to)
    • On your remote, press and hold "0" and "OK" for roughly 8 -10 seconds
    • You will get a message on screen asking to press a number between 1 - 6
    • Press a number such as 3. The message will say remote now set to number 3 and disappear.
    • If the message says ''remote code change failed'' please retry the above instructions, starting from number 1 to number 6, try the numbers one-by-one."

I should imagine you have already followed all these instructions but I thought I'd share it anyway.

| Sat 10 Jun 2023 12:12:05 #11 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I'm afraid this is just the Default Setting that I mentioned in a post above, as far as curing the jumping problem it is just bull s*** and Humax know full well that it won't cure it. Changing the remote batteries, don't waste your money.
    I've maybe forgotten but can you even change the remote codes on these early models???

| Sat 10 Jun 2023 12:24:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Liz Holder

Thank you, I won't waste any time on this then.

| Sat 10 Jun 2023 14:52:17 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Biggles - 5 hours ago  » 
    I've maybe forgotten but can you even change the remote codes on these early models???

I think that when Barry originally posted it on hummy.org.uk, only Foxsat HD, HDR, HDCI 5000 satellite products, and the HD Fox T2 freeview HD receiver were mentioned.

I can't immediately put my finger on an example but I'm sure there were a few reports of people tying this process on the older "PVR" models, and finding it didn't work.

| Sat 10 Jun 2023 18:44:04 #14 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

A quick look in the 9300 manual and there's no mention of being able to change the remote code set. Pressing 0 and OK for 8 to 10 seconds doesn't produce the message mentioned by Humax Support in Liz's post above so I'm confident you can't change the remote code set on these early models. Why don't Humax Support just come clean and say, sorry, the jumping problem is a problem we couldn't cure, instead of wasting people's time by putting out this crap. And lets not forget the consecutive recording failure in STANDBY problem that also never got cured. I don't suppose Humax Support are any worse than other support services, just reading from a check list or giving out stock answers. I was talking to TalkTalk support a while back about a phone problem, I was asked to check the batteries of the handset I was talking to him on, crazy.

| Sat 10 Jun 2023 20:44:42 #15 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Over the weekend I recorded three Family Guy episodes, one old and two new, from ITV2 on my partner's 9300. All played back perfectly without a hint of the skipping problem seen when Family Guy was on the BBC.

Just seen this post from me back in 2017. This is certainly not true now, Family Guy skips on ITV2 as bad as it ever did.

| Sat 10 Jun 2023 22:06:45 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.