My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

humax pvr rebooting on average once a week

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

whg

FenderBender

A couple years ago my PVR started randomly rebooting. Eventually called humax - their only rather disinterested advice was to format hard drive. Which I reluctantly did. It worked OK for a while but with ever greater frequency the rebooting has become too tedious.
    Is there no solution to this infuriating problem?
    Thanks.

| Mon 26 Oct 2015 17:58:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

whg - 32 minutes ago  » 
    A couple years ago my PVR started randomly rebooting. Eventually called humax - their only rather disinterested advice was to format hard drive. Which I reluctantly did. It worked OK for a while but with ever greater frequency the rebooting has become too tedious.

How frequently is it rebooting? Is there anything in particular that triggers it?

| Mon 26 Oct 2015 18:32:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hummyjohn

Mine too (1100S) - had it about 2 weeks, HDD is about 20% used and the re-boots are becoming tedious - beginning to consider returning this and quitting Freesat. My old Foxsat had no such problem although in other regards the 1100S is of course far superior. This re-boot problem though is a deal-breaker for me as the unit is becoming unreliable and a nuisance to use.
    I'm astounded that this 1100S is on the market with this undeniably serious problem - how on Earth has this machine been approved for retail in this faulty state?

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 19:50:03 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This thread is about a completely different set of pvrs. Actually the old long since discontinued SD Freeview pvrs. Did you not read the relevant thread ?

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1000s-keeps-rebooting

If you look at the end posts, new software is is expected to fix the issue on the few units that have this problem. The 1000/1010/1100S models share the same software and have only minor hardware issues.

Welcome to our forum.

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 21:13:57 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.