My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

humaxrw view recordings on pc

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

I have a PVR-9300T and my hard drive is nearly full. I have loads of recordings of The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross (check out this program, Bob is the main man).

Anyway I would like to save all these particular recordings for future reference to another hard drive using a hard drive adaptor.

I have read on the forum of an app called humaxrw. Would this allow me to save these recordings to an external hard drive without disturbing my other recordings, and if so would I be able to view them on my PC from the external hard drive.

Also when I have more space on my Humax hard drive again would I be able to move them back to the Humax.

Any help much appreciated.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 23:42:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ford01 - 54 mins ago  » 
    Anyway I would like to save all these particular recordings for future reference to another hard drive using a hard drive adaptor.
    I have read on the forum of an app called humaxrw. Would this allow me to save these recordings to an external hard drive without disturbing my other recordings, and if so would I be able to view them on my PC from the external hard drive.
    Also when I have more space on my Humax hard drive again would I be able to move them back to the Humax.

Yes all that should be possible. Each recording has a main file with a .ts extension and several other files that are required only by the Humax. If you just wanted to view the programme from a PC then you would need just the .ts file but as you may want to put them back then you need the full set of files.

| Fri 19 Mar 2021 0:40:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

Thanks for the quick reply.

I downloaded'humaxrw-1.15-win32.zip'. I unzipped it to a different folder and double clicked the humaxrw file, but it does not open. Something flashes up on my computer screen then vanishes immediately.

It vanishes so quickly it's hard to tell what it is. It looks as if it could be the command promt window.

I then downloaded the 'HumaxRW_Front-End.zip' and unzipped it to the same folder as the other ones. When I double click the HumaxRW Front-End file I get the following error message:'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application'.

Does the Humax hard drive have to be plugged in before the humaxrw app works.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It's probably something simple, but as usual any help is much appreciated.

I'm using it on Windows XP.

| Fri 19 Mar 2021 13:20:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ford01 - 3 hours ago  » 
    I downloaded'humaxrw-1.15-win32.zip'. I unzipped it to a different folder and double clicked the humaxrw file, but it does not open. Something flashes up on my computer screen then vanishes immediately.

Humaxrw is a command line utility so double clicking will achieve nothing. You need to use a command prompt to launch it. Not sure why the front end for humaxrw is having problems.

| Fri 19 Mar 2021 16:42:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

Thanks. I finally managed to get the command prompt working. Though it's a bit more involved than I first thought. I will play around with it on a spare Humax hard drive before I finally commit.

As for the error message on Windows XP concerning the 'HumaxRW_Front-End.zip, I think I know what the problem is. I also tried it on Windows 10 and it didn't work, a message pops up saying the program needs .NET Framework 3.5 installed first.

So I assume whatever Windows version you have, it probably needs .NET Framework 3.5 istalled first. I haven't installed it though, so I don't know for sure.

| Fri 19 Mar 2021 23:12:06 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

I have now installed .NET 3.5 on my Windows XP computer. The HumaxRW Front-End console opens and works fine. I can transfer my recordings (all 4 files – ts, epg, elu, hre) to my PC on the 'Download' tab, but am having a problem getting my recordings back to the Humax recorded programs list.

I click on the 'Upload' tab, then find the recording I want to put back in my Humax recorded program list (from the 'Transfer Files From' box).

It only brings up the .ts file of the recorded program and when I click the 'Upload' button, a message pops up saying 'All Files Uploaded Successfully'. This only takes a second.

Trouble is it hasn't actually uploaded anything. The recording does not show up in the program list.
    Am I doing this the right way?

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 1:46:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ford01 - 10 hours ago  » 
    I click on the 'Upload' tab, then find the recording I want to put back in my Humax recorded program list (from the 'Transfer Files From' box).
    It only brings up the .ts file of the recorded program and when I click the 'Upload' button, a message pops up saying 'All Files Uploaded Successfully'. This only takes a second.
    Trouble is it hasn't actually uploaded anything. The recording does not show up in the program list.

Sorry I have almost no experience with the front end to humaxrw so can't help with that (I always used the command line). Certainly you need all four files associated with the recording to be uploaded for it to appear in the list of recordings. Does the front end allow the full list of files to be viewed on the drive? If so can you check whether all the files associated with the recording have been uploaded? Historically there have always been more reports about problems uploading than downloading. It worked without problem for me on a 9200T but I haven't owned a 9300T.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 12:50:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

I've got the front end working now. It seems it will only recognize the file path where it saved the download to originally.

If you move any of the downloaded files to a different folder and browse for that folder to upload them back, the file shows up in the upload window and will even say the upload was succesfull, but it doesn't really upload the file and it does not appear in the front end console recorded program list nor the recorded program list when the hard drive is back in the Humax.

I'm not very good with the command prompt and find it a bit difficult to master, with all the manual input and it can be difficult to know what to input and what path to use. I,ve managed to get the bit I need to work so it's probably just a case of copying files and keeping them in their original folder before I copy them back to a Humax drive.

Another thing I have found is that Windows media player on my PC will play some of the recorded program .ts files but not others. Is there a particular reason why some play and some don't? When these programs are copied back to the Humax drive, the Humax plays them fine.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 18:48:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ford01 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Another thing I have found is that Windows media player on my PC will play some of the recorded program .ts files but not others. Is there a particular reason why some play and some don't?

I can't immediately think why some will not play. Perhaps try a different media player such as the free VLC.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 20:10:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

So far I've only practised with about four recorded programs to see if everything works.

I tried VLC and three of them played fine apart from one which did seem to play but was so badly pixelated that the screen was mostly black. Yet when it gets copied back to the Humax it plays fine. I did copy that program back again to my PC but it was still bad. Probably a corrupted recording, who knows. Hopefully when I do get round to doing all of them, most will be fine.

Another problem when using command prompt is getting single recordings back to the Humax from PC.

I can get all the program files back at once to the Humax drive using this command prompt . 'C:\Documents and Settings\myusername>Humaxrw\humaxrw 2: -p *.ts' , but getting just one single recording back is proving more difficult.

It says in the readme to use '-p file.ts'. I'm assumming the 'file' means the name of the program file. I'm not sure how to go about this. For instance, I want to copy back a recording of the Antiques Roadshow to the Humax drive. I typed in 'Antiques Roadshow' where the 'file' should be but had no joy. I also did the same again but with .ts on the end but still nothing. I also tried the full name of the file which is '20210314 1900 Antiques Roadshow' but that didn't work either.

Any ideas about what part of the filename I should use?

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 17:35:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.