My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Incorrect Link, the link is currently not available

(60 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wotsgoinon

Looking at the PC Local Area Connections Properties the settings show obtain an IPv6 address automatically and DNS server address automatically and the same for IPv4. Am I looking in the right place? If not where should I be looking?

The iPlayer Test earlier gave a result of Broadband Speed 3809 kpbs and Streaming speeds of 3685/3653/3748 = average 3695 kbps. A test just now gave BB speed 3675kbps and streaming 3670kbps. The BB speed comes down to about 3.2Mbps in the evenings.

| Wed 16 Jan 2013 17:23:44 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes that looks like the correct settings. I guess your 4ms round trip ping was using the homeplugs? It's OK but hardwired I get <1ms. Not much more I can suggest - I suspect you tried the IPlayer test via your PC. Just to complete the picture try it on your laptop (mains powered) over the same homeplugs where they are now to see what you get.

| Wed 16 Jan 2013 18:37:03 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

wotsgoinon

Fair point. Laptop connected via homeplug beside Humax gave BB speed 3641kbps and streaming speed 3573kbps. For comparison laptop using wireless connection in same position as Humax gave 3732/2311, so a much slower streaming speed but still good enough for iPlayer in HD which I am watching now - on the laptop only unfortunately.

| Wed 16 Jan 2013 19:15:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wotsgoinon

I managed to speak to Humax tech support today and after the operator had consulted his manager I was told that others had reported the same problem with the 1000S and they would be looking at it and hopefully issuing a firmware update. No promises but possibly in 7 to 10 days and I would receive an email when it was available. I should mention that the operator who took my call seemed to listen carefully to the issue, asked sensible questions and seemed to be positive about a patch being found. Fingers crossed then.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 17:31:57 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

wotsgoinon

Progress - I came back from a few days away to find a message dated 25 Jan from Humax Support:

"I have taken a look at the issue, the link we use to connect to the Iplayer has been rendered incorrect. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We are currently investigating if this is a Humax issue, Freesat issue or an issue with the address we were provided with by BBC. Unfortunately we have not resolved the issue but we will update the box with an over the air broadcast as soon as possible."

I thought I would post this update as the number of views of this topic seems to indicate interest.

| Wed 30 Jan 2013 21:38:44 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisRD

Hi Wots Goinon!
    I have got the same problem, iPlayer worked fine then:
    "Incorrect Link"
    "The Link is currently not available"
    every time we try to use iPlayer.

Despite the Network Connections reporting that all is well - until we try to use OD.

I have spoken to Humax on 0844 669 8800 and they have offered to replace the box!!! I told them about this thread and they seemed to be unaware.

Please continue to keep us up-to-date with your progress and I will do likewise.

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 18:05:47 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wotsgoinon

Hi ChrisRD

Thanks for reporting the same problem. I am surprised and more than a little disappointed by the response you got from Humax after what they had said to me in their email. I had got the impression that Humax staff follow this forum. My 1000S was already a replacement from the retailer.

I have not been following this for a while but there has obviously not been any progress. I will post something if anything changes. Meanwhile we crowd round the PC for iPlayer.

| Sun 10 Feb 2013 18:36:18 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mfcmfc

Having moved-on from Sky, I've used the "Sky dongle" too (specifically the Sky Wireless Connector that "gives you the freedom to access On Demand without wires") but received only the "Incorrect Link" message.

The same message came when directly linking my BT Hub 3 with the Humax, using an Ethernet cable, making me yet another disappointed new customer with an HDR-1000S (and a broadband speed in excess of 2Mbps) unable - and I quote Page 24 of the manual - to "enjoy the On Demand services on freesat".

Is some configuration necessary with the BT Hub 3 to enable the Humax to pick up the On Demand services from BBC and ITV? Is anyone able to advise whether the Homeplug Adapters illustrated in the manual, together with the BT Hub 3, would possibly work more effectively than the "Sky dongle" - a product dedicated to accessing On Demand services?

Is Humax continuing working "to resolve this issue as soon as possible" and has anyone with an HDR 1000S managed to access the On Demand services? I'm sure that an increasing number of users of this product would welcome an update.

| Wed 20 Feb 2013 19:05:39 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A humax box is never going to work with a Sky WiFi dongle. It doesn't have the required drivers. There are some that will work that have the required chipset. A pair of homeplug adaptors should work fine (no driver required).

| Wed 20 Feb 2013 22:18:45 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mfcmfc

Thanks for your kind comments. Elsewhere I have already been advised as to the potential benefit of taking the route you suggest, which now looks to be the favourite when (or is it if?) the HDR 1000S becomes capable of producing the On Demand services from the BBC and ITV.

Nonetheless, effectiveness aside, a non-technical guy like me would be tempted to argue that two plugs sitting in wall sockets (and wires coming from them) offer a less tidy arrangement than a dedicated USB 'dongle' in the back of the Humax. Does anyone have experience of these alternatives to share with us?

| Thu 21 Feb 2013 0:05:09 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.