My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Incorrect recording on fvp-4000T

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ronange

I record BBC News at Six and when I attempt a playback I get 'Pointless' and this happens time and time again!

| Thu 6 Jun 2019 11:22:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Ronange - 1 hour ago  » 
    I record BBC News at Six and when I attempt a playback I get 'Pointless' and this happens time and time again!

What is shown in the Schedule section of the Recordings menu for this reservation? Have you tried cancelling the reservation and then rescheduling it?

| Thu 6 Jun 2019 13:15:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I have a regular manual schedule on BBC1 SD for 1800 for 60 mins to give one recording of the national and local and which correctly identifies as the news programme but if I start it any earlier it says Pointless, but still records the news.

| Thu 6 Jun 2019 13:35:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

captgeneralmark

@Ronange, do you get “pointless” or do you get the news and the recording is just named “pointless”. I record the classic comedy hour on BBC radio 4 Extra between 7:58 and 9:05. When the recording has finished, it always shows the name of whatever was broadcast at 9:00. Just before 8:00 the recording is named for whatever was on at that time, and during that hour the name will change to whatever program is on at that time.

If you’re getting the recording you want, regardless of the name, then I wouldn’t worry about it.

| Thu 6 Jun 2019 16:19:27 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

The reason is pretty obvious really. If you start the recording any earlier than 1800, then Pointless is on and the transmitted programme name changes at 1800. Why would you expect the recording name to be other than Pointless?
    It's also not an unusual occurrence for a manual timer set. That happens on my Fox T2 as well on some manual timers. What happens if you change from manual record to a series or AR record and 'let the BBC take the strain'.

| Thu 6 Jun 2019 16:51:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Ronange - 9 hours ago  » 

How are you setting the recording?

Depending on how you set the recording schedule what you would like the Humax to do might not be possible.

With the humax freeview 9000 series it would try to do what you appear to be expecting. However under some circumstances even those recorders could not do what you would like your recorder to do, and this was not due to Humax, but just due to it being impossible for any recorder to do.

| Thu 6 Jun 2019 21:30:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ronange

Thank you Luke, for your response and I understand what you are saying. Generally, I set recordings via the Schedule 'chart' and usually get a successful result.
    There should be nothing complex in making a setting for 'BBC News at Six'and one would think any recording machine should be able to do it. One, of course, should beware of conflicting recordings, but there are none in this case. I have heard that this problem could be resolved by the use of 'padding' that Humax provides, but I'm not sure what this means or how to access it. Is this a process you know of? My machine is of the 7000T series.

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 12:05:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

As asked previously by captgeneralmark (but not replied to), have you actually tried to play the recordings and were they entirely Pointless (in which case probably a broadcaster code error not a Humax one) or were they named "Pointless" but actually only contained the very end of PL followed by the 6 o'clock news (in which case you may already have padding set to on or perhaps the programme schedule was overrunning slightly)?

| Tue 11 Jun 2019 12:50:11 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.