My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Intermittent fault with 9150T

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Devonmac

Hi. I've just joined the forum and hope someone can help. I'm having an intermittent problem with my 9150T which has been relatively trouble free for a couple of years. I'm getting the message "The Channel is scrambled or not available" with increasing frequency. Fault can occur after a few minutes of normal viewing or on first switching on. It doesn't always affect every channel but I cannot detect an obvious pattern. I know the signal's okay as there are other freeview boxes in the house that work fine. Have also noticed that some recordings made recently have been cut short despite there being plenty of space on the disk. Finally it has started spuriously recording a short programme every day without receiving any instruction from me - and I can't locate the programme on the guide to delete it. Very strange! Software is version 26. Thanks for any help - sorry for long post.

| Fri 7 Sep 2012 8:16:16 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

I would carry out a default setting, and then ensure you are tuned to one transmitter for a start and see if that resolves the issues you are having.

Manual tuining instructions

| Fri 7 Sep 2012 8:44:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Devonmac

Thanks Barry for your quick response. Before I actually do it can you confirm whether my already-recorded programmes will be lost by carrying out the default setting? Thanks

| Fri 7 Sep 2012 12:34:15 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Recordings will remain intact, but your schedule list, and any user settings you have changed will be reset.

| Fri 7 Sep 2012 12:40:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Devonmac

Okay thanks Barry. I'll give it a go and let you know if it fixes the problem.

| Fri 7 Sep 2012 13:17:03 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.