My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Internet failing to re-connect

(26 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The DHCP server only has to disabled while the manual address is set (Example based upon HDR-1xx0S).

Quite a sensible design really as most users don't remember what they have set and quite a few screw up manual IP setting. e.g. new router with different subnet, duplicate addresses, etc.

There is very little need on such a device for a fixed IP or other settings and in preference I would set up a router address reservation.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 8:45:19 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    The DHCP server only has to disabled while the manual address is set (Example based upon HDR-1xx0S).
    Quite a sensible design really as most users don't remember what they have set and quite a few screw up manual IP setting. e.g. new router with different subnet, duplicate addresses, etc.
    There is very little need on such a device for a fixed IP or other settings and in preference I would set up a router address reservation.

Errrr ... I don't really understand how your first point would work as in 20 years of network problem-solving I've never come across anything like that ... but never mind as it's not relevant to the OP anyway.

Richard

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 10:55:20 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

RichardS-UK - 1 hour ago  » ...in 20 years of network problem-solving I've never come across anything like that...

You will find that Humax boxes will continually surprise you. Often not in a good way.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 12:10:06 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Advocas

REPASSAC - 4 hours ago  » 

I tried disabling DHCP on the router but it gave me the same results, when I tried to set the manual address it just continually showed as "connecting" but didn't connect.

It did show something else that makes me think it's not the IP address that is the problem.

When the network fails to reconnect the "Network Status" shows as follows.

"Local Area Network" = Disconnected
    "Internet" = Disconnected

With DHCP turned off the "Network Status" shows as follows, the wireless did show as connected in this scenario.

"Local Area Network" = Connected

If the IP address not being assigned was causing the problem I would have thought it would show the same result as having DHCP turned off.

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 13:34:01 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Advocas - 2 hours ago  » 
    With DHCP turned off the "Network Status" shows as follows, the wireless did show as connected in this scenario.
    If the IP address not being assigned was causing the problem I would have thought it would show the same result as having DHCP turned off.

I take it that when entering a manual IP address you are setting the gateway address correctly?

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 16:21:18 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Advocas

Martin Liddle - 7 hours ago  » 

Advocas - 2 hours ago  » 

I take it that when entering a manual IP address you are setting the gateway address correctly?

The Gateway and DNS are still populated from the DHCP settings, it just needs the IP address and the subnet mask, all settings were 100% correct

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 23:59:35 #26 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.