My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Interrupted Recording on PVR9150T

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bridgetcon

Hi - I bought the above recorder for my elderly parents to replace Sky. They are not technical but rely on a recording system as they watch a lot of tv. However, they keep getting, interrupted programmes, or the ,end of a programme missing, when it should have been recorded successfully. It just doesnt seem reliable. Has anyone got any idea how to get it working correctly in an easily understood language please!

| Thu 2 Aug 2012 9:36:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bridgetcon - 13 minutes ago  » 
    However, they keep getting, interrupted programmes,

Could you explain what you mean by interrupted programmes?

| Thu 2 Aug 2012 9:50:48 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

You may have tuning problems known to cause these problems. Check if you've got channels in the 800 range and if so retune using my Manual Search instructions.

| Thu 2 Aug 2012 9:53:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bridgetcon

I think they mean that programmes have started recording and then stopped for no reason, or they've programmed a recording only for it to record another. This is the information I am getting from them, and they seem to think I'm a font of knowledge and can fix it for them. So help is much needed. Not sure what channels in the 800 range means though - but I can certainly have a go at manual returning (if that is easy!) Thanks.

| Thu 2 Aug 2012 9:59:23 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

The TV and radio channels have numbers allocated to them, BBC1 is on channel 1, BBC2 is on channel 2, ITV 1 is on channel 3, etc. It is possible that you've got some channels numbered 800, 801, 802, etc. and if so this is probably the cause of your problems. To check simply enter 800 on the remote or look at the channel listing in the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG). In the EPG any 800 channels will be directly above BBC1.

| Thu 2 Aug 2012 10:20:38 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bridgetcon

Thanks Biggles - will have a go at all of this at weekend.

| Thu 2 Aug 2012 10:44:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bridgetcon - 2 hours ago  » 
    I think they mean that programmes have started recording and then stopped for no reason, or they've programmed a recording only for it to record another.

How long have they had it? Biggles explanation is certainly one possibility but the other possibility is that the file system has become corrupted. This is easily fixed by formatting the drive from the HDD Control menu (default password 0000) but it will delete all recordings. I suggest try Biggles suggestion first but if that doesn't improve things try a format.

| Thu 2 Aug 2012 12:38:55 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.