My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

iOS app update question

(36 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

That's just the way I interpreted what Emma said, you can of course interpret it in anyway you like, maybe manipulation was a little harsh. Influence what viewers watch by "suggestibility" using Showcase is probably a better way off putting it.

It's on Showcase so it must be worth watching.

Obviously the more room they have for Showcase programmes then the greater number of "wildcard or left-field pick" programmes they can put on it. She is clearly stating that Showcase can influences and "drive viewing figures", by successfully getting more customers to watch previously mentioned wildcard and left-field pick programmes that they wouldn't of normally.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 20:31:06 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Anyone who checks Showcase is probably looking for suggestions.

I look at it regularly. Often I'm not interested or already aware, but fairly often Showcase draws my attention to a new programme or series I hadn't heard about. I use the Radio Times app in the same way.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 21:06:08 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Of course that's the point if it, they suggest programmes and Freesat viewers watch them.

Have they sorted the Ch4 showcase programmes yet, I presume you still can't record a Ch 4 film or programme from Showcase in HD !

BTW no need to tell me why they don't give the HD option as I already know, still it would be easy for Freesat to find out if said programme was broadcast in HD and then they could showcase the channel with the better PQ.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 21:21:55 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Of course that's the point if it, they suggest programmes and Freesat viewers watch them.

Not quite. They suggest programmes, which Freesat viewers may or may not like the sound of. The current buzz word for this is "discoverability". With so much available - on air, on catchup, on streaming services - sometimes good stuff gets buried among the dross.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question about C4 HD. You could just try it and see? Unless you're afraid sinister Freesat might suggestibilise you into watching a programme you wouldn't "normally" watch.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 21:35:41 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Obviously I didn't mean that every Freesat viewer that visits Showcase watches every programme showcased.

I have no need to have my box connected at the moment, if certain things change for the better I'll plug it back in and pair it.
    I do look at Showcase on the App occasionally, but of course I can't set anything to record.

I'm sure they are still showcasing CH 4 SD as usual.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 21:54:11 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Reffub - 16 hours ago  » 
    Have they sorted the Ch4 showcase programmes yet, I presume you still can't record a Ch 4 film or programme from Showcase in HD !

Having checked out the new Showcase I can confirm they are now Showcasing (some) 4HD programmes.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 13:38:54 #36 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.