My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Iplayer and Youtube cause machine to power off

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I am getting tired of using iplayer and Youtube only for the machine to flip into re-boot mode without any reason or warning. This has happened a lot of late and I have no idea why except it is extremely frustrating.

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 13:27:38 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I have seen the same problem with the HDR-FOX T2. The fact that it is happening on the HDR-1800T and 2000T too is interesting. There is no fix I am aware of, but I do recommend contacting Humax Customer Support. They will probably give you the run around and tell you to do a factory reset which will probably not help, but only it is only likely to be fixed if enough people contact them and report the problem.

| Wed 23 Sep 2015 15:34:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Well I am getting very frustrated with this machine. Random filp outs from iplayer causing any recordings to stop and machine to power off and on again. Infuriating !!!!!!!

| Sat 14 Nov 2015 17:59:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Anyone ?

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 13:53:50 #4 |
  5. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I think there is a bug in their portal software. There are a lot of reports of problems with the HDR-FOX crashing with iPlayer, but it is not consistent: sometimes it works OK. I have not heard of as many HDR-2000T users with the same problem, but clearly there are some. Have you contacted Humax? I think that only they can fix it. If you get no joy with them you could return it as faulty; is the unit still under warranty?

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 15:09:33 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MontysEvilTwin - 1 minute ago  » 
    I think there is a bug in their portal software. There are a lot of reports of problems with the HDR-FOX crashing with iPlayer, but it is not consistent: sometimes it works OK. I have not heard of as many HDR-2000T users with the same problem, but clearly there are some. Have you contacted Humax? I think that only they can fix it. If you get no joy with them you could return it as faulty; is the unit still under warranty?

iplayer works with no issues on both my HDR FOX T2 boxes.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 15:11:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 

I don't use iplayer a great deal but last time I did, it crashed our HDR-FOX T2.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 15:32:35 #7 |
  8. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

grahamlthompson - 17 minutes ago  » 

MontysEvilTwin - 1 minute ago  » 

There are quite a few reports on Hummy.TV of iPlayer crashes, but it not everyone has the problem.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 15:32:55 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 minute ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 19 minutes ago  » 

I don't use iplayer a great deal but last time I did, it crashed our HDR-FOX T2.

I tend to use iplayer quite a bit on the HDR FOX T2 because the CF allows the stream to be recorded. Handy when you lose an episode midway through before getting round to watching previous ones. Not had any failures. When I get a few minutes I will try a iplayer HD programme.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 15:38:49 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Iplayer HD - The Hunt worked OK on one of my HDR FOX T2 boxes.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 16:44:38 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.