My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Iplayer and Youtube cause machine to power off

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Martin Liddle - 8 minutes ago  » 

hubb - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Would it be worth doing a factory reset and reformat the drive when everything is backed up just in case ?

I would start just by doing the factory reset; if that doesn't help then yes a reformat might help.

I did a factory reset some time ago which didn't do anything to put it right.

| Sat 27 Feb 2016 13:46:13 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Ok, i managed to do a re-format of the machine's drive and so far it hasn't crashed. The only time it crashed was when i plugged in my new usb drive while the unit was on.

Would you still take up Humaxs' offer of a replacement ?

| Wed 2 Mar 2016 7:49:18 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hubb - 2 hours ago  » 
    Ok, i managed to do a re-format of the machine's drive and so far it hasn't crashed. The only time it crashed was when i plugged in my new usb drive while the unit was on.
    Would you still take up Humaxs' offer of a replacement ?

Well given you have your recordings on the external drive, personally I would be tempted to take them up on their offer. A case of not looking a gift horse in the mouth. If the new box plays up in a similar fashion then you know to look elsewhere rather than the Humax as being the culprit.

| Wed 2 Mar 2016 10:37:26 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

What else could it be that causes the Humax to reboot when plugging in the usb ?

| Sat 5 Mar 2016 11:11:04 #64 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.