My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Iplayer and Youtube cause machine to power off

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I player live BBC channels is awful too. Sound drop outs, long pauses, loading problems. It's a dog's dinner and yet when I view via my ipad or PC live it streams as smooth as silk.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 19:42:16 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 14 minutes ago  » 
    I player live BBC channels is awful too. Sound drop outs, long pauses, loading problems. It's a dog's dinner and yet when I view via my ipad or PC live it streams as smooth as silk.

Iplayer live streams would seem to be pretty pointless on a box that can watch them live anyway. Does the 1800/2000T actually have live streams ?

Just had a look and yes there are live streams in SD only (on a HDR FOX T2 which pretty sure has the same version of iplayer. Current One Show is playing back just fine, though it's not a patch on the iplayer 720p25 HD catch up streams. Still can't see why anyone with a pvr would not simply view the live content directly and in HD when available.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 19:58:33 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Iplayer live streams would seem to be pretty pointless on a box that can watch them live anyway. Does the 1800/2000T actually have live streams ?

The HDR-1800T and 2000T do not have the connected red button live streams but they do have the iPlayer live streams.
    It would be very odd if they didn't have the iPlayer live streams when the HDR-FOX T2 and HD-FOX T2 do!

To access them open iPlayer on your Humax HD freeview and navigate to the channel category and select a channel. The live option is the first option top left.

Edit: took too long posting a reply. You've added to your post!

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 20:17:59 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 5 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 10 minutes ago  » 

The HDR-1800T and 2000T do not have the connected red button live streams but they do have the iPlayer live streams.
    It would be very odd if they didn't have the iPlayer live streams when the HDR-FOX T2 and HD-FOX T2 do!
    To access them open iPlayer on your Humax HD freeview and navigate to the channel category and select a channel. The live option is the first option top left.
    Edit: took too long posting a reply. You've added to your post!

Thought I better check, not something I ever looked for. I did use it a lot on my tablet, but now have a freeview IP server so only use iplayer for catch up.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 20:25:23 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 20 minutes ago  » 

hubb - 14 minutes ago  » 

Just had a look and yes there are live streams in SD only (on a HDR FOX T2 which pretty sure has the same version of iplayer. Current One Show is playing back just fine, though it's not a patch on the iplayer 720p25 HD catch up streams. Still can't see why anyone with a pvr would not simply view the live content directly and in HD when available.

In an ideal world all iPlayer versions would have Live Restart. For some reason, a lot of users have been left stranded with an iPlayer version which uselessly streams a live broadcast but can't let you see it from the start.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 20:26:16 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Actually, it turns out the list of devices with 'Live Restart' has grown considerably since I last looked. Humax HDR-1800T/2000T are both on there now, and so is NowTV. I checked the iPlayer on my NowTV box and it does indeed now have Live Restart.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 21:56:02 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I have never seen now tv on this player, just the BBC channels on iplayer.

The reason I am relying on watching live streams is because the wind last night did something to my tv ariel (its still on the roof) which is uncertain appart from the fact that no signals are detected by the Humax now. The annoying thing now is after scanning again it won't let me onto the tv portal to go to iplayer. All it wants to keep doing is scanning for chanels. Why won't it let me, iplayer comes from the internet connection, not the airiel.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 22:07:07 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I have never seen now tv on this player, just the BBC channels on iplayer

Apogies, I should have made it clear - I checked the iPlayer on a NowTV box.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 22:13:57 #18 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

JamesB - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Actually, it turns out the list of devices with 'Live Restart' has grown considerably since I last looked. Humax HDR-1800T/2000T are both on there now, and so is NowTV. I checked the iPlayer on my NowTV box and it does indeed now have Live Restart.

They have been there a while James, remember this thread:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/bbc-iplayer-live-restart

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 22:23:33 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Barry - 1 minute ago  » 

JamesB - 26 minutes ago  » 

They have been there a while James, remember this thread:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/bbc-iplayer-live-restart

I do remember the thread, and the fact that (as I thought) nothing I owned could get Live Restart. I suppose I didn't check the NowTV box, probably because it wasn't connected at the time. Somebody shoot me!

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 22:40:23 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.