My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Iplayer and Youtube cause machine to power off

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

So does anyone know why I can't get onto the tv portal iplayer etc because the Humax is trying to make me re-tune my cannels. I cannot stop i overiding me.

| Fri 20 Nov 2015 0:07:55 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have been having this problem since my machine was replaced about a month ago (for a different problem). With the new machine, whenever I use ANY of the internet enabled channels, when I try to change channel the machine reboots to a blank screen and the only way to rectify this is to pull the power cord out (a pain in the ass because of my shelving unit set up). I have tried restoring factory settings a few times and formatting the hdd but it still has the problem.

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 12:59:56 #22 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Do you have the latest software version uploaded to unit - version 1.01.16

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 13:09:54 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Thank you Barry.
    Yes I do have the latest software, now As the unit was only weeks old from Humax and I HAD setup auto updating and checked via the machine several times with nothing showing up, I had assumed I was up to date. Hopefully at least this problem is now sorted.

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 14:03:28 #24 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thank you for the update, please let us know if you encounter problem again.

| Thu 26 Nov 2015 14:13:04 #25 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

To clarify, I think the issue encountered by @SSThing is different to the problem reported by @hubb.
    @hubb: try accessing the hidden menu (see here) select the option to delete cookie and DRM data and reboot. I have also posted about this issue on the HDR-FOX here.

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 11:55:45 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I don't use iPlayer a great deal on my 2000T but when I do it works flawlessly. Have you not got iPlayer and YouTube options on other devices?

I tend to use either the apps on my TV phone or Tablet for these portals as they tend to be easier to use and access. TBH I'm only surprised iPlayer doesn't come as standard on a tin of beans these days.

| Sat 28 Nov 2015 16:06:11 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Well this is absolutley becoming a reail pain in the backside. intermittent flipping out of anything out of the tv portal resulting in anything in record mode failing. The machine freezes and the only way of recovering is to power off and on again. So basicly if anything is being recorded it os not worth risking going to iplayer or youtube. Surely the machine was not designed like this ? I have had it just over a year so cannot take back to Currys. Why should it show this fault a year on ? Has anyone got a contact for Humax so I can put this to them ?

* Update: only just noticed the above suggestion by Montyseviltwin so have just tried that and now the Humax fliped off while watching tv in HD. Can the remote battery running down cause this ?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 11:44:19 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Anyone please ?

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 13:44:05 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi you could try another factory reset as the remote would not cause this problem I would not thought. if this don't work you can call Humax support on 0344 318 8800 or you can e-mail them at uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk. hope this helps.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 14:01:08 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.