My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Iplayer and Youtube cause machine to power off

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Thanks for that. I don't want to do a factory reset as I will loose all my years worth of recorded programes.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 17:16:50 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for that. I don't want to do a factory reset as I will loose all my years worth of recorded programes.

A factory reset will not affect your existing recordings, though you will have to make a note (or photograph) your existing recoding schedule and re-enter it.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 17:50:42 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

damian - 11 months ago  » 

hubb - 1 hour ago  » 
    Same with me. All channels black screen. Power off and on. Not doing factory reset because I have too much stuff recorded I don't want to lose.

A factory reset won't wipe your recordings and should be the 2nd thing to try following a proper power on/off if there are problems and on the latest software, the schedule will be lost though so take a note with a camera phone or notepad or similar. What can cause problems is the re-tune if the dish is slightly mis-aligned, a quick read through this forum explains the problem in detail and solutions.
    Out of interest which version of software are you using on this box?

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 18:13:33 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 1 minute ago  » 

damian - 11 months ago  » 

hubb - 1 hour ago  » 
    Same with me. All channels black screen. Power off and on. Not doing factory reset because I have too much stuff recorded I don't want to lose.

A factory reset won't wipe your recordings and should be the 2nd thing to try following a proper power on/off if there are problems and on the latest software, the schedule will be lost though so take a note with a camera phone or notepad or similar. What can cause problems is the re-tune if the dish is slightly mis-aligned, a quick read through this forum explains the problem in detail and solutions.
    Out of interest which version of software are you using on this box?

Luke the poster presumably has a Freeview+ box. Of course multi-transmitter reception might cause issues. Unless of course it's in the wrong thread.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 18:15:48 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Now I am getting a green screen every so often when playing back recordings. I have to power the machine off and on again.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 15:15:46 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Well this annoying problem still ruins recordings. A whole now missing one episode because this machine decides to fip off when trying to access iplayer. There is no way of doing a factory reset. For the life of me I cannot find anything in the menu except INSTALLATION and EDIT CHANNELS which for some reason are greyed out.

WHY IS IPLAYER CAUSING THE MACHINE TO POWER OFF ?

| Sat 6 Feb 2016 12:32:10 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Now it has just flipped off but the blue light stays on. Not respnding to any buttons. Can't even re-boot.

What a piece of junk.

| Sat 6 Feb 2016 23:10:52 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I have had mine for a while now, at the moment its still working fine, and it work well on IPLAYER and all the others at the moment. Is it still under warranty ?, if so you should take it back as it could be faulty and get a replacement.

| Sat 6 Feb 2016 23:27:50 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

It's just out of warranty.

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 7:14:25 #39 |
  10. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

This is a common problem on the HDR-FOX too, though why it seems to affect some units more than others is unknown. You could try the following:
    Access the Hidden Menu from the System Information screen (see here), select the option to delete cookie and DRM data and then reboot.
    In my experience with the HDR-FOX this makes iPlayer more stable and less likely to reboot. It is not a permanent fix though. I run this procedure whenever iPlayer starts to crash again. As a general rule, I still avoid using the portal while recording due to the risk of the box crashing.

Edit. Forgotten that I posted about this already last year. Unfortunately, I don't think the problem will be fixed without a software update from Humax, either as an update to the box or a fix at the server end (hope it is the latter as I doubt the HDR-FOX will get another update).

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 10:18:06 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.