My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Iplayer and Youtube cause machine to power off

(64 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

The thing is it didn't do it for the first few months I had it so what has changed and will Humax take me serious if the problem doesn't resolve? The player is def not fit for purpose if this issue doesn't go away.

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 10:39:45 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have a 2000T and used it last night to watch all the catch-ups of Michael Portillo in America - 2.5 hours of iPlayer. The app performed flawlessly and we were recording at the same time so not sure what your issue is.

Can you not access iPlayer etc. through the TVs apps or similar product as a work-around?

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 15:45:43 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Not sure what you mean by tv apps. There is only one iplayer on the Humax 2000T on the tv portal or am I missing something ?

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 16:44:55 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hubb - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Not sure what you mean by tv apps. There is only one iplayer on the Humax 2000T on the tv portal or am I missing something ?

I mean if your TV is a modern Smart TV then you could use the apps on that instead of the Humax, or alternatively Apple TV, Roku or even your smartphone/tablet if you are able to 'Cast' to your TV.

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 17:04:07 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Sorry, my TV is an old Sony Plasma with just Freeview.

I have updated the latest 2000T software which just came through today. I also did a factory reset.

NONE Of these fixed my issue which still happens. Do I have a case for a replacement by Humax ? I have as yet had no response from them.

| Mon 8 Feb 2016 12:57:55 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hubb - 10 hours ago  » 

In that case have you not considered something like the Sky NOW box - only about £15 and that way you get all the catch up services without having to subscribe. Much better than the Humax apps.

| Mon 8 Feb 2016 23:41:38 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

hubb - 10 hours ago  » 

In that case have you not considered something like the Sky NOW box - only about £15 and that way you get all the catch up services without having to subscribe. Much better than the Humax apps.

Kind of defeats the object of having bought a box that is supposed to do that but I appreciate your suggestion nevertheless. It would be good to have ITV catch player though but having another box in the chain with only 2 HDMI cables already spoken for in my tv is a non starter. The thought of yet another remote as well.

Humax got back to me and suggested the old chestnut of re-formatting the hard drive. Yeah right - I will wipe all my recordings just to find that it hasn't solved the problem because Humax do not want to accept that this machine is faulty.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 10:33:40 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

You do seem to have had many problems with the box. Is it still under warranty? If so, might it not be better to cut your losses, sacrifice the recordings, and get it replaced?

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 11:27:38 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hubb - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

hubb - 10 hours ago  » 

Kind of defeats the object of having bought a box that is supposed to do that but I appreciate your suggestion nevertheless. It would be good to have ITV catch player though but having another box in the chain with only 2 HDMI cables already spoken for in my tv is a non starter. The thought of yet another remote as well.
    Humax got back to me and suggested the old chestnut of re-formatting the hard drive. Yeah right - I will wipe all my recordings just to find that it hasn't solved the problem because Humax do not want to accept that this machine is faulty.

I currently have two PVRs, a Blu-Ray player, Apple TV, Chromecast plus a Soundbar in my setup - the TV has 3 HDMI ports. However, I use a HDMI hub, it isn't required to be powered and is a very neat solution all round. Oh! did I mention I have two 64 gig memory sticks in the USB ports.

I have 6 remotes to contend with - however, I like it that way, I did try one of those Harmony remotes but found it far to complicated. When I tried to show the wife how to use it I was given short shrift and told (in no uncertain terms) to go back to the 6 remotes which she could at least follow.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 12:57:40 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

JamesB - 2 hours ago  » 
    You do seem to have had many problems with the box. Is it still under warranty? If so, might it not be better to cut your losses, sacrifice the recordings, and get it replaced?

No it isn't under warranty.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 13:53:05 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.