My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Is Aura a beta test for hardware and software?

(26 posts)
  1. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Asus1964 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for your comments, I will contact Humax tomorrow & mention what had been said & see what they say.
    What's the best way of contacting Humax?

I find Humax UK on Twitter is good

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 0:14:41 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

poshsimon - 3 days ago  » 
    I've been considering Aura, but before I jump in, having read the forum I see lots of issues for the device. I really don't want to end up with issues and challenges to get the unit working properly.
    Are users now beta testers?

It might sound perverse to say it, but reading threads on here is not a good way to find out about the Aura. You only hear from those with problems, the minority, and not from the majority who are satisfied with it.
    Most, if not all, of the issues raised when the device was first released have been fixed, too, and there have been many refinements since.
    As someone else said, if you want a box with three tuners at a reasonable price then the Aura is your only option. If you can make do with fewer tuners then you have others to chose from.
    I use mine most days and have no issues with it. (Not paid by Humax to say that!)

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 11:15:07 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asus1964

ParksidePeter - 37 mins ago  » 

I've been considering Aura, but before I jump in, having read the forum I see lots of issues for the device. I really don't want to end up with issues and challenges to get the unit working properly.

It might sound perverse to say it, but reading threads on here is not a good way to find out about the Aura. You only hear from those with problems, the minority, and not from the majority who are satisfied with it.
    Most, if not all, of the issues raised when the device was first released have been fixed, too, and there have been many refinements since.
    As someone else said, if you want a box with three tuners at a reasonable price then the Aura is your only option. If you can make do with fewer tuners then you have others to chose from.
    I use mine most days and have no issues with it. (Not paid by Humax to say that!)

I'm sorry but personally I disagree, if I am making what to me is a substantial purchase then I will look for warts & all reviews & then make my own mind up based on the good & bad.

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 11:55:51 #23 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Asus1964 - 1 hour ago  » 

ParksidePeter - 37 mins ago  » 

I'm sorry but personally I disagree, if I am making what to me is a substantial purchase then I will look for warts & all reviews & then make my own mind up based on the good & bad.

Yes make up your own mind, but beware that looking on this forum may give you a skewed perception of how good the Aura actually is because this is a forum for people looking for the problems and hopefully getting them fixed.

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 13:12:17 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asus1964

I put my problems down in writing & emailed them to Humax support this morning, let's see what they say.

| Fri 13 Aug 2021 16:59:00 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

Thank you for the replies.

It's true, reading about the issues here might skew someone's view, but, having bought the humax predecessor,the 5000, I've found that dvr quite poor for a recent machine.

I really didn't want to jump in with another frustrating machine.

| Tue 17 Aug 2021 21:47:01 #26 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.