My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Is it just my bad luck, or incompatible kit?

(27 posts)
  1. jpv1960

jpv1960

Clem_Dye - 1 hour ago  » 
    Oh yes, I even logged a case with Humax. Nearly a fortnight later, I’m still waiting for the promised email acknowledging the issue with the 5000T. I think I’ll have to grab a Panasonic box whilst they’re still up for grabs.

I bought a couple of Panasonic boxes recently, absolutely brilliant.

| Thu 18 Nov 2021 12:42:13 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Connection-wise, I have a mix of kit, some connected to the TV, some to the bar. In the case of the 5000T, it didn’t matter whether the box was connected to the TV or bar, the result was the same, broken HDMI-ARC. I only tried the 1800T connected to the bar. I couldn’t see much point wasting time trying through the TV, based in my experiences with the 5000T.

| Thu 18 Nov 2021 21:43:18 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Important question.

Have you updated the soundbar to firmware 7.03 (or higher), because arc does not work on older firmware?

| Fri 19 Nov 2021 9:11:49 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

HDMI-ARC has worked perfectly on the bar since I’ve had it. I’ve used it with Sony, Panasonic and LG TVs. No issues at all. The firmware thing did cross my mind, but I recall checking this soon after I got the device, I will check again, but in any event the update process is pretty awkward. In any event, the fact that ARC has worked flawlessly with three manufacturers TVs and countless other devices, including Humax Freesat kit, suggests to me that the ARC connection is not the issue here.

| Fri 19 Nov 2021 9:39:58 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Can you please post a photo of the Sound/Additional Settings menu on the TV (so that I can compare to mine)?

| Fri 19 Nov 2021 10:54:39 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Sure. I’ll do that when I get home later today.

| Fri 19 Nov 2021 12:28:07 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

I checked the settings. They vary by input. What specifically are you looking for?

| Sat 20 Nov 2021 1:08:42 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Do you have this page?

| Sat 20 Nov 2021 8:52:00 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Not in the same format, no. Mine is a 2019 non-OLED LG TV so a lot of the options on the screenshot that you kindly posted are MIA — oh for eARC! I’m not entirely sure of the relevance of this page in relation to the 5000T issues though, given that my soundbar is using the HDMI-ARC link to the TV, and the PVR kills that connection whether it’s connected to the bar or TV.

| Sat 20 Nov 2021 12:17:48 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The reason I was asking was because the LG menu system is just plain weird (with some options only available if you enter the settings when in "Live TV" mode and others when you are on one of the hdmi inputs.
    My ARC didn't work, to the point where I convinced myself I had inadvertently swapped some cables around when I upgraded my TV a few months ago. When I finally got around to pulling the unit forward I was slightly annoyed to find everything plugged where it should be.
    I then started looking for the reason and noticed that some of the options were greyed out depending on the input and when I found the Hdmi Input Audio Format option and swapped from Bitstream to PCM, I heard my AV amp click and everything started working via ARC. Swapping back to Bitstream and it still works, so I can only assume that toggling this setting reactivated something that may have turned off or gone into some kind of standby in a firmware update.
    Whatever the reason, as long as Simplink and Auto Power Sync are activated (Connection/Device Connection Settings) I can control the on/off with one remote or (my preferred method) is APS off and then I can choose when my AV system comes on but ARC still works correctly if I want via the TV option on the amp.

| Sat 20 Nov 2021 15:46:49 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.