My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Is it just my bad luck, or incompatible kit?

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

My LG TV is set-up in exactly the same way as your LG TV when it comes to HDMI-related configuration. I had a good poke around when I first hit the issues with the 5000T. I suspect that the age of my soundbar might be the root cause of the problem, but as it works fine with everything else plumbed to it I'm not minded to change it until it finally gives-up the ghost.

When my builder has finished the extension that he's building for me I can get my second system up and running again, at which time I'll grab another 5000T along with a Lindy HDMI blocker. Some of the posters on Digital Spy swear by the Lindy adapter. For now, given that Manhattan remote control channels can't be changed, a second T3-R is off the cards, so it will have to be another Panasonic lump, if I can find one new. Sigh.

| Sat 20 Nov 2021 18:43:34 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Clem_Dye - 2 hours ago  » 
    So it will have to be another Panasonic lump, if I can find one new.

As a matter of interest, why are you ruling out a Humax Aura?

| Sat 20 Nov 2021 21:20:34 #22 |
  3. jpv1960

jpv1960

Clem_Dye - 5 hours ago  » 
    so it will have to be another Panasonic lump, if I can find one new.

Try John Lewis, Currys, RicherSounds for Panasonic Recorders, they have a few models.

Humax Aura is much better than 5000T, that is only my experience having used it for a few weeks.

| Sun 21 Nov 2021 0:30:48 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

@Martin Liddle: I’m only ruling out the Aura based on the fact that the CEC/whatever issues surrounding the 1800T/5000T will also be present in that hardware. If I knew that it would play nicely I’d grab one. Food for thought.

@jvp1960: yes, JL has a combo Panasonic PVR/BR player that I’ll try again. I had one of these in the past. Not my first choice, especially as it’s £50 more expensive than the Aura, but as per above.

| Sun 21 Nov 2021 1:01:05 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

Oh, and from what I can see, the Lindy CEC blocker is not 4K compatible. If I was going to try an Aura, I was planning on trying one of these adapters too, just in case.

| Sun 21 Nov 2021 1:25:59 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Clem_Dye - 9 hours ago  » 
    @Martin Liddle: I’m only ruling out the Aura based on the fact that the CEC/whatever issues surrounding the 1800T/5000T will also be present in that hardware.

I don't think that is necessarily correct as it is based on a completely different software platform. Also there is currently a £50 off discount code.

| Sun 21 Nov 2021 10:59:16 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem_Dye

I did get an email from Humax with the AURA50 discount code, and it did cross my mind to try the box, but I still have a big nagging doubt about the connectivity issue. Humax technical support seems non-existent. I’m still waiting for any sign of an email regarding the 5000T problem that I reported; the person that I dealt with was abrasive and didn’t want to listen to what I was trying to say. That doesn’t bode well if I hit the same problem with the Aura, and have purchased direct from Humax.

I don’t know how much longer the discount deal will last for, but it does strike me that if Humax can lop 50 quid of the price of the box, then it’s overpriced.

As for the differing hardware, well, yes, that’s a given, but with similarities of the problem between the 1800T and 5000T, there is at least a common ancestry issue. Right now, I have no idea which way to jump.

| Sun 21 Nov 2021 13:50:16 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.