My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Is my PVR 9200T Faulty?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vin Blanc

I have had this machine for years (model PVR – 9200T) and have always been under the impression that it had a 7 day EPG.

Recently, I have been trying to record a series of 5 daily episodes of “UK Law” shown on ITV 3 (channel 10) each week night at 2200 hrs.

Programmed on Monday PM the PVR successfully recorded only 3 episodes.

Following a subsequent series of test recordings I can only conclude that the 7 day EPG only applies to the BBC channels, all other (non-BBC) channels have only a 3 day (72hr) EPG.

So is my PVR faulty or is this standard on this model?

Can’t believe I’ve never realised it before now!

Vin Blanc

| Tue 12 May 2015 12:28:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Vin Blanc - 39 minutes ago  » 
    I have had this machine for years (model PVR – 9200T) and have always been under the impression that it had a 7 day EPG.
    Recently, I have been trying to record a series of 5 daily episodes of “UK Law” shown on ITV 3 (channel 10) each week night at 2200 hrs.
    Programmed on Monday PM the PVR successfully recorded only 3 episodes.
    Following a subsequent series of test recordings I can only conclude that the 7 day EPG only applies to the BBC channels, all other (non-BBC) channels have only a 3 day (72hr) EPG.

Firstly are you confident that the Humax is tuned correctly to a single transmitter (if there are more than one or two channels numbered above 800 this would indicate that it isn't). If it isn't tuned correctly then follow the Biggles Manual Tuning Instructions at Link to Manual Tuning FAQ If that doesn't help then instead of tuning five or more MUXes then try only four MUXes and see if that helps.

| Tue 12 May 2015 13:12:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vin Blanc

Thanks Martin, From my location in Hampshire I receive my signal from the Rowridge transmitter approx. 12 miles away South East on the I.O.W.

The channel numbers saved are from BBC 1 to 244 (Vision TV), then nothing till 790 (Community channel) which is the highest and last.

I must advise that following my series of failed scheduled recordings, I carried out an "Installation Default reset" followed by "Installation Auto Search".

I then deleted all the unwanted channels.

Following this, I then began to realise that only the BBC channels could be programmed to record after 72 hours.

Fortunately, I also have a "Foxsat" Freesat PVR which is, of course, a bit more modern.

Vin Blanc

| Tue 12 May 2015 15:32:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Vin Blanc - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Martin, From my location in Hampshire I receive my signal from the Rowridge transmitter approx. 12 miles away South East on the I.O.W.
    The channel numbers saved are from BBC 1 to 244 (Vision TV), then nothing till 790 (Community channel) which is the highest and last.
    I must advise that following my series of failed scheduled recordings, I carried out an "Installation Default reset" followed by "Installation Auto Search".
    I then deleted all the unwanted channels.

Ok. Deleting channels isn't enough; you need to do a manual scan and omit at least one of the multiplexes. It is postulated that the problem is that the 9200 doesn't have enough memory available to cope with the increased number of channels compared to when it was launched ten years (or so) ago.

| Tue 12 May 2015 16:08:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vin Blanc

I think your theory is bang on the button Martin.

I went back into "edit" and deleted yet a further 10 TV channels.

I then decided to delete all the Radio channels (which I never use.)

Went back to "Programme Guide" to find that it now showed the full 7 day EPG. - Hallelujah!

My very grateful thanks for your help.

Vin Blanc

Attachments

1. luxhello.gif (0.6 KB, 2 downloads) 8 years old
    | Tue 12 May 2015 17:05:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

If I can add a relevant supplementary. My 9200 also got very sluggish populating the EPG and so I removed one of the MUX's. However, as I am going away for a few days I thought I'd look forward a couple of days and programme stuff. Only to discover that there is guide data only for the BBC channels.

Does this mean that I have to drop another mux? If so then time for a new box, methinks.

TIA

| Thu 20 Aug 2015 16:39:00 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

countryman - 59 minutes ago  » 
    If I can add a relevant supplementary. My 9200 also got very sluggish populating the EPG and so I removed one of the MUX's. However, as I am going away for a few days I thought I'd look forward a couple of days and programme stuff. Only to discover that there is guide data only for the BBC channels.
    Does this mean that I have to drop another mux? If so then time for a new box, methinks.
    TIA

I manually tune to four multiplexes and generally get a full EPG at a quick glance, I have not looked at every hour of every day of every channel.

| Thu 20 Aug 2015 17:39:35 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.