My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Is there an issue with signal in Liverpool?

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

The last 2 days i have been getting a lot of signal issues with HD channels in the Liverpool area, keeps often saying the signal is too weak etc.

It never usually has any issues here.

I looked on the freeview status page and that didn't seem to show any work being done or issues?

James

| Fri 16 Oct 2020 23:03:16 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

If you are getting your freeview signal from Winter Hill, then I know there is no problem with the transmitter because I get my freeview from there too.

Whats the signal strength and quality like on those channels?

It's possble you might be getting interference from another source. When I had this problem, which especially affected my SD channels, I went to this web page: at800. If you contact the people there you can get a free filter to block out 4G frequency interference. I live quite a distance from Winter Hill, so they sent me two in case one wasn't enough.

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 8:32:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Hi, thanks for the reply, I have been in touch with at800 as you mentioned, they said i do have masts in my area but wanted me to give them a call.

I have just noticed tonight that my channels have actually moved around a bit. Channel 101 and 102 now say BBC Wales on them, i am assuming this is the case for channels 103-105 as well but they just do not say wales on them. when i go to them it shows no programme infornation or play just breifly.

My normal channels are now listed 0887 - 0889 and have all the recording set on them.

I really don't know whats happened or how, they have always been set to 101 - 105 for HD channels.

I done a smart retune but nothing seems to have changed, i was holding off on a full scan so i didn't lose my schedules tonight.

| Mon 19 Oct 2020 19:24:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

james_uk - 4 mins ago  » 
    Hi, thanks for the reply, I have been in touch with at800 as you mentioned, they said i do have masts in my area but wanted me to give them a call.
    I have just noticed tonight that my channels have actually moved around a bit. Channel 101 and 102 now say BBC Wales on them, i am assuming this is the case for channels 103-105 as well but they just do not say wales on them. when i go to them it shows no programme infornation or play just breifly.
    My normal channels are now listed 0887 - 0889 and have all the recording set on them.
    I really don't know whats happened or how, they have always been set to 101 - 105 for HD channels.
    I done a smart retune but nothing seems to have changed, i was holding off on a full scan so i didn't lose my schedules tonight.

A auto tune is picking up channels from more than one transmitter.

Briefly you need to identify the transmitter that you shouyld be using to get your regional channels. Make a note of the UHF carrier numbers it uses for it's mux.

Delete all your existing channels. Use manual tune to add each MUX (DVB-T for SD and DVB-T2) for HD.

Receiving from more than one transmitter can cause issues with accurate recordings.

| Mon 19 Oct 2020 19:33:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

This is actually getting stranger now, I have done a full retune and now after it's complete and you pick your location the box has always suggested the North West first in there light but now Wales is coming up first, I pick North West which is second in the list and my box is no longer showing any of the HD channels at all, if I press 101 is just shows as nothing. My aerial doesn't seem to have changed direction at all from what I can see, I thought maybe in high winds if may have come loose maybe but seems fine.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 9:50:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

What sort of "full retune" did you do?

Did you follow Graham's excellent advice to identify your correct transmitter (I imagine Winter Hill or Storeton), totally clear out all your existing channels, and retune using Manual (not auto or Smart)?

Don't forget to photograph your recording schedule before you start.

Use https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management to help identifying your transmitter.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:04:33 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

james_uk - 15 mins ago  » 
    This is actually getting stranger now, I have done a full retune and now after it's complete and you pick your location the box has always suggested the North West first in there light but now Wales is coming up first, I pick North West which is second in the list and my box is no longer showing any of the HD channels at all, if I press 101 is just shows as nothing. My aerial doesn't seem to have changed direction at all from what I can see, I thought maybe in high winds if may have come loose maybe but seems fine.

You were probably retuning in high pressure uplift conditions and getting transmitters normally out of range. If you temporarily fit a attenuator you might be able to autotune. The box checks UHF carriers 21-68 the first found gets the lower lcn others get lcn's in the 800s.

It's very simple to manually tune anyway.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:10:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Thanks for the replies, I done the default tune where it says you lose all your schedules, I will try a manual tune at some point. My transmitter is winter hill.

I don't have any if there main hd channels do I will have to try something lol

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:13:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

james_uk - 5 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies, I done the default tune where it says you lose all your schedules, I will try a manual tune at some point. My transmitter is winter hill.
    I don't have any if there main hd channels do I will have to try something lol

Don't forget to clear everything out before a manual tune.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:19:48 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

You do that by stating an auto tune then stopping it straight away and saving don't I?

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:25:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.