My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Is there an issue with signal in Liverpool?

(18 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

james_uk - 3 mins ago  » 
    You do that by stating an auto tune then stopping it straight away and saving don't I?

Press the FVP button. Go to settings - Channel Settings - Edit channel list. With TV selected press + Select all then Delete. Change group to radio. Repeat to Delete all Radio.

Armed with your list of carriers

eg Winter Hill

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Winter_Hill
    PSB 1 - 32

PSB-2 - 34

PSB-3 - 35 DVB-T2

COM 4 - 29

COM 5 - 31

COM 6 - 37 DVB-T2

LPR - 56

COM 7 55 DVB-T2

GIM 57

Use DVB-T modulation except where DVB-T2 is shown

Select manual channel search

Enter the above numbers in turn changing transmission as indicated. The stregth and quality is shown for each mux. Click search and save the results.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 10:44:54 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Not sure if UHF channels 56 and 57 are still in use at Winter Hill.

According to https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/coverage-checker/detailed-view/granada they changed from those channels earlier in the year.

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 11:44:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 48 mins ago  » 

james_uk - 3 mins ago  » 
    https: //ukfree.tv / transmitters / tv / Winter_Hill
    LPR - 56
    GIM 57

That site takes up to 3 years to reflect the situation.
    GIM for winter hill is on 27 not 57. Also the winter Hill local muxies do vary but none are on 56 anymore.

See https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/coverage-checker/detailed-view/granada for more rapid updates for winter hill, (as well as its mux allocation history).

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 11:47:59 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Hi, I have done manual tune before and have always been fine, I have tried using all the above mentioned channels and all show no signal and ask have that before. Obviously when I try to go on TV no it says no channels found. Oddly enough though if I go to signal test it shows tuner 1 with 71% strength and 100% quality in channel 28. Not sure why it's randomly showing that but that's there only thing I can see showing any signal. This has never happened before.

There is a TV connected to the same aerial upstairs and I've just tried that and all the channels are showing fine. I wonder if it's the Humax box in some way?

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 13:34:17 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

28 is one of the channels on Storeton, not Winter Hill.

The others are:
    25 DVB-T
    22 DVB-T2
    23 DVB-T
    26 DVB-T
    30 DVB-T

43 is L-LIV, but not sure if DVB-T or T2 (DVB-T I suspect).

| Tue 20 Oct 2020 13:54:41 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Them storeton channels worked thank you, doing a manual tune. I wonder why they wouldn't show when doing an auto tune?

Channel 43 didn't show anything though on either T or T2.

| Wed 21 Oct 2020 1:03:58 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

43 is probably not showing due to it being lower power than the others, which are fairly low themselves.

Edit: By the way, looking at Storeton, I see that it has 3 extra Mux which are linked to the Moel-y-Parc transmitter in Wales, which might explain why you were getting the wrong region on auto-tuning.

They are on higher channel numbers, so should have been ignored, but maybe they were not. They are also on Horizontal Polarization compared with Vertical for the Winter Hill linked Mux which you have now tuned to.

| Wed 21 Oct 2020 7:48:36 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevem1960

43 is probably not showing due to it being lower power than the others, which are fairly low themselves.

Edit: By the way, looking at Storeton, I see that it has 3 extra Mux which are linked to the Moel-y-Parc transmitter in Wales, which might explain why you were getting the wrong region on auto-tuning.

They are on higher channel numbers, so should have been ignored, but maybe they were not. They are also on Horizontal Polarization compared with Vertical for the Winter Hill linked Mux which you have now tuned to.

Winter Hill is horizontally polarised.
    In Liverpool we are half way between the WinterHill transmitter and Moel-y-parc and for me they are almost exactly 180 degrees to each other which means that rear-rejection on the aerial has to be pretty good to reject the Welsh one. If they were both transmitting the same things it might not matter but I prefer Channel 4 over S4C so I want the WH transmitter instead.
    WH now transmits on these UHF frequency channels (not to be confused with TV program channels)
    MUX1 - Channel 32
    MUX2 - Channel 34
    MUX3 - Channel 35
    MUX4 - Channel 29
    MUX4 - Channel 31
    MUX5 - Channel 37
    MUX7 - Channel 55 temporary
    These are all in band A as far as aerials go whereas our area used to be in group C/D so all of our areials if fitted more than about 6 months ago are probably the wrong band and not very good at picking up the new channels.
    The channel 55 one is still up in group C/D and contains BBC4HD and some others like Sony channels but is meant to be being removed soon.
    You could try a manual tune with the above channels after doing a factory reset to get rid of all its previous tunings. If you dont get a good signal then you might need a new aerial for band/group A which should improve things a lot provided you get it fitted by someone who really knows what they are doing and uses a good aerial. I fitted one in our loft just before xmas with good results - bought it from here
    https://www.aerialsandtv.com/knowledge/transmitters/winter-hill-transmitter
    where there is a host of information as well.
    Hope this helps, and hope the link doesnt contravene site rules

| Wed 20 Jan 2021 0:01:33 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.