My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Is this normal?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have a series recording scheduled to start at 16:30.
    I was watching the programme immediately before this on the channel and at approx 16:20 I pressed Instant Record, obviously with the expectation of recording the last 10 minutes.
    But instead of just recording, I was presented with a page telling me that the instant record was in conflict with the scheduled recording and the option of cancelling the scheduled rec or an option to record until 16:29.
    I chose the 16:29 option and it has recorded but I have never seen this before, is it normal? Why couldn't instant record just record to the end of the programme as it is supposed to, without additional steps being necessary?

| Fri 20 Aug 2021 16:33:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Who knows? The 5000T does so many pretty random bizarre things from time to time that almost anything could be regarded as "normal"!

| Fri 20 Aug 2021 16:43:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Ain't that the truth lol.

I have never seen it before.
    Just tried an experiment (different channels though because of timings) and if the preceding programme has more than 30 minutes to run, instant record just does as expected and records until the end of the episode and the subsequent scheduled event records. Anything less than 30 minutes and the conflict message pops up.

| Sat 21 Aug 2021 10:38:09 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.