My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Issues reported elsewhere that I cannot.....

(29 posts)
  1. brian

brian

special member

My HD-FOX T2 has been left on standby since 7th July, and I can confirm that it is still carrying out series linked recordings 10 days later. I have always used accurate recording on this box (No Padding).

| Sun 17 Jul 2011 19:12:07 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Update, did the aerial out trick again, epg now is complete except there are no entries after 01:30 a week on Monday. Returned unit to sby, there is a reservation for tonights New Tricks which will need the Monday epg info to update after recording. Have to wait till tommorow to see what transpires.

| Mon 18 Jul 2011 9:34:25 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejstubbs

Barry - 1 week ago  » 
    Further info as I see this is still getting coverage.
    My timers list, all series record items, consisted of weekday and weekly programmes, some 21 timers in total, SD and HD.

Barry, can I propose another test you could try? I see you have F1 on series link on the HDR you used for testing. For the purpose of this test I'd like to suggest that you remove all recording schedules, including series links, apart from the F1. Do this when the next F1 race is more than eight days away - I think you'll have to wait until after the German and Hungarian GPs on the next couple of weekends, after which there's a long gap until the Belgian GP on 28th August. Leave the test HDR on standby for say ten days up to and including the Belgian GP. Once the GP has run, check to see whether it recorded.

My hunch is that, since the HDR won't have woken up to do any scheduled recordings using AR while it was in standby prior to the GP, it won't have scheduled the Belgian GP to record because it didn't appear in the EPG the last time the HDR was properly awake.

It's just a pity that it would take until the end of August to see the result. (If you have series links for the British or World superbikes, they are currently in a quiet period but with a race coming up sooner - 31st July for WSB and 7th August for BSB).

| Tue 19 Jul 2011 13:15:10 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Simply putting the box in sby for a couple of days without any recording activity and booting without the aerial and examining the epg will do similar. Presumably it will shrink in scope by one day for each day in sby.

| Tue 19 Jul 2011 13:27:54 #24 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

ej - I think we have already done enough for the engineers to work a fix to the problem, and I am loath to tie a unit up again, I do watch some TV now and again, couple of hours a day, mostly recorded

| Tue 19 Jul 2011 13:33:00 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ejstubbs

Barry - 20 hours ago  » 
    ej - I think we have already done enough for the engineers to work a fix to the problem

That sounds promising! So, are you in a position to confirm that Humax are actually investigating this problem with a view to fixing it?

| Wed 20 Jul 2011 9:38:39 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I recorded a Autopadded single entry last night (+-5 minutes) and confirmed the today that. (Richard Hammond scheduled 21:00-22:00)

1 The schedule did not update
    2 There was no extra days epg added.

Here's the wierd thing, the 5 minute pad at the beginning was ignored actual was 21:00 65mins

I checked the menu to see if it was operator error but no both on and off were at 5 minutes.

Anyway gone back to AR now.

| Wed 20 Jul 2011 10:21:07 #27 |
  8. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

A Work Around for this problem is Here However I still think Humax need to fix this by updating the EPG during the nightly OTA search at 4:30am

| Thu 6 Oct 2011 18:51:09 #28 |
  9. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

The HERE link above.

Admin Edit:

The previous link you refer contains the info anyway, and one external link is enough thank you.

| Sat 8 Oct 2011 11:04:59 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.