1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick88

woodbar,
    Many thanks!

| Thu 12 May 2022 22:28:50 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Well.....
    We bought the Aura as a TV program recorder to replace an aging Youview box.
    For its intended purpose - recording and then playing back the recorded programs it works perfectly.
    My wife has no complaints and boy oh boy I would never hear the end of it if it was not perfect!!
    Catch up works fine, no complaints.
    So as a recorder/recording player it just works.

| Fri 13 May 2022 18:37:40 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

bogbody - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well.....
    For its intended purpose - recording and then playing back the recorded programs it works perfectly.
    My wife has no complaints and boy oh boy I would never hear the end of it if it was not perfect!!

You might be the lucky one. Many of us have problems with Recorded TV and Live TV playback, where the timer doesn't start, so, when you skip the adverts it starts at the begining of the show. Extremely frustrating when I sometimes have to relaunch the same recording 4 times. It was reported as a bug to Humax in Sept last year, still no fix, despite then saying it was planned to be fixed ...

For catch up, Ive never had issues and agree with you.

I guess you got lucky, or maybe you've not noticed it, or maybe you enjoy watching the adverts

| Fri 13 May 2022 20:30:03 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ZiggyUK

jlmj2009 - 3 days ago  » 

bogbody - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well.....

You might be the lucky one. Many of us have problems with Recorded TV and Live TV playback, where the timer doesn't start, so, when you skip the adverts it starts at the begining of the show. Extremely frustrating when I sometimes have to relaunch the same recording 4 times. It was reported as a bug to Humax in Sept last year, still no fix, despite then saying it was planned to be fixed ...
    I guess you got lucky, or maybe you've not noticed it, or maybe you enjoy watching the adverts

This happens to me, what we do is avoid the fast-forward button and instead use the right arrow next to the "OK" button, this makes it jump forward, it's not as accurate at getting to the right spot so get a few second of adverts but we have never experienced the restart using this method.

| Tue 17 May 2022 9:18:28 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

ZiggyUK - 7 mins ago  » 

jlmj2009 - 3 days ago  » 

bogbody - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well.....

This happens to me, what we do is avoid the fast-forward button and instead use the right arrow next to the "OK" button, this makes it jump forward, it's not as accurate at getting to the right spot so get a few second of adverts but we have never experienced the restart using this method.

Using the arrow button causes the same random issue Humax really dropped the ball with this one it's a terrible unit that could be brilliant if they just acknowledged and fixed the list of issues/problems.

| Tue 17 May 2022 9:28:00 #65 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

I use the right arrow to skip forwards four minutes then the up arrow to see when the adverts end.

| Tue 17 May 2022 9:30:06 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I use both jump button and fast forward a lot and have experienced any restart issues. Since my reset a couple of weeks ago I have not had any of the random restarts I was experiencing most evenings.

The thing I would most like updated is the app as it is woefully clunky and no form of customisation. Also accessing downloaded recordings can take about 10 minutes before my iPad will allow access to them!

| Tue 17 May 2022 11:38:01 #67 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I use the Skip Forward and Back buttons a lot, both to skip ads and move around in recordings (typically on a programme like Breakfast where I may not be interested in many topics). I don't have any problems with this, but when my wife uses the function she often has the playback jump back several minutes. If I want to skip forward I always press the OK button first to bring up the timeline, then use the Skip button. My wife uses the Skip button straight away and knows the first press doesn't do anything (other than bring up the timeline). Maybe that's the difference.

| Tue 17 May 2022 16:38:00 #68 |
  9. woodbar

woodbar

Trouble is I seem to get loads of problems and its almost as if they have some sort of cyclic recurrence - I have not had the HDCP error for 2 weeks now - but have been getting the skip back to program start quite a lot this last week. Next week it will probably be something different!

Talking of skip button functions - one very good idea my Octagon PVR utilises is the start and end markers that most broadcasters add. When you start to play a recording and the timeline info bar is shown at the bottom of the screen you mostly find there are orange coloured flags showing the start/end position. The RC has 2 extra left and right buttons adjacent to the numeric keys (< / >) and one press of the relevant one will move the play position to these markers and play from that point. It works brilliantly and should the broadcast be delayed you can even check that you have the whole of it my quickly moving to the end marker to check - then another prod to go back to the start. Not rocket science, just a well thought out UI.

| Wed 18 May 2022 23:46:33 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

Such a shame. So close.....yet so far. Can't believe Humax has given up on the Aura. I won't trust them again.

| Fri 20 May 2022 17:39:44 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.