My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

ITV Hub

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I'll update here if I learn more.

Have just power cycled the FVP and now ITV Hub working though initially very slow to load and respond. I'll keep checkling...

| Thu 2 Apr 2020 8:50:06 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 11 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    FVP has it's own servers.

That was certainly true on earlier Humax boxes. How do you know it is true for the FVP boxes?

Pretty sure we have had issues before that turned out to be server issues. Could be a false memory. However it would explain the differences between other kit.

| Thu 2 Apr 2020 9:56:55 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

I've just tried mine again and after the home screen loaded it became frozen and I couldn't even exit the app, it did after a few minutes start to work.

(Watching ITV via the hub makes me realize how much I hate adverts!)

| Thu 2 Apr 2020 10:22:44 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have posted several times that I find it odd that when I (and hopefully others) report iPlayer issues I get told that Humax have absolutely no input in finding a resolution yet when it was recently reported that numerous people could not get onto the iPlayer at all, they were working with the BBC to find a solution.
    That suggests to me that Humax host servers that cater for the various on-demand services.
    So when specific functions in the app aren't working its out of their hands but when it's an access issue, it is their responsibility to rectify it.

| Thu 2 Apr 2020 10:27:15 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.