My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

ITV Hub

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tramart

Presumably this relates to the replacement of ITV hub with ITVx. Either they don't want viewers to be able to record programs and skip the adverts, or there is a compatibility issue with the 5000T.
    There will almost certainly be a way round the former (as there is for dealing with adverts on 'All 4'), but I won't spell it out here. We'll see when the time comes.

| Wed 14 Sep 2022 17:56:26 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

typonaut

So, can Humax fix the ITVHub app, or will we just get no coverage.

Suppose this is the problem with technology, relatively quick iterations of upgrades mean that older stuff stops working quite quickly… where your old VCR may have kept doing what it did on day one for 30 years, or more…

| Wed 5 Oct 2022 3:55:49 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I just had an email from ITVX@hello.itv.com which said:

"Hi, ITVX is coming very soon. It's the new streaming home of all of ITV and so much more, if you hadn't heard already.

You don’t need to do anything - we’ll take care of it all for you. Your ITV Hub account will automatically switch to an ITVX account, and you won’t need to re-download the app.

We will be rolling out ITVX very soon, so keep your eyes peeled!",

My question is
    "Will this replace ITV Hub on the cancelled platforms like the Humax 5000T or is that it"?

| Mon 7 Nov 2022 21:04:21 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

WiggyDiggyPoo

Asking for a friend, has there been anymore news about ITVX coming to the 5000t?

| Fri 2 Dec 2022 22:01:55 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

WiggyDiggyPoo - 1 hour ago  » 
    Asking for a friend, has there been anymore news about ITVX coming to the 5000t?

As far as I know the only news has been that ITVX would not be coming to the FVP-5000T and I notice that Humax have updated their website to remove ITV from the channels available via catchup.

| Fri 2 Dec 2022 23:25:24 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

WiggyDiggyPoo

Ok cheers.

| Fri 2 Dec 2022 23:40:42 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.