My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

ITV - SD has disappeared

(94 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

irishdaz

I was watching ITV at circa 1:00nam this morning (it was showing ShopTV) when the screen suddenly went blank. I switched to ITV HD and it was still broadcasting.
    The SD channel is still not there this morning, although all of the programmes appear in the guide, and the icons show what's on at the bottom of the screen if I select it.
    I've tried a re-tune but still the same.
    I don't usually watch the HD channel for 2 reasons, A- it isn't any different in picture quality on a 43" screen and B- it gives me ITV south east (Meridian) when we are East Midlands. Even ITV Anglia would be okay, but getting "Local" news that relates to Southend and below isn't much use. Also some documentary style programmes are localised.
    Any thoughts?

| Tue 27 Aug 2024 8:35:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

No idea. My itv1 is okay on my Aura. But your transmitters could be mixed up. I'm in the East Midlands (Nottinghamshire) and get Central News East on SD, but Central News (for the West Midlands) on HD. Do you get different BBC1 regions on SD and HD? If so, you might be tuned into two different transmitters. I don't think that would explain the loss of itv1, unless you're using a relay transmitter in the EM that went off-air for maintenance. (Some Central relays are reported as "Screen may go black on some or all channels").

| Tue 27 Aug 2024 9:52:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

irishdaz - 1 hour ago  » 
    Any thoughts?

Have you tried putting the Aura into standby and once the hard drive has stopped, spinning, turning off the electrical supply to the box for 30 seconds and then starting the box up again?

| Tue 27 Aug 2024 10:18:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

irishdaz

yes tried the hard reboot. made no difference.
    My BBC is BBC east on both SD & HD, so have no idea why my ITV is Meridian. if anything we should get London before that as that's the TV region between us. we are tuned to sandy Heath, Central is in virtually the opposite direction (I know because we used to have an aerial for that too) The signal on SD still shows the correct programme in the corner when I turn over, just a black screen. Strange

| Tue 27 Aug 2024 17:56:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

irishdaz - 6 hours ago  » 
    yes tried the hard reboot. made no difference.
    My BBC is BBC east on both SD & HD, so have no idea why my ITV is Meridian. if anything we should get London before that as that's the TV region between us. we are tuned to sandy Heath, Central is in virtually the opposite direction (I know because we used to have an aerial for that too) The signal on SD still shows the correct programme in the corner when I turn over, just a black screen. Strange

A few people have been getting a black screen for ITV.Be for a few days now, I wonder if there is a link. Have you tried setting a recording for ITV SD? I know that recordings work for ITV.Be even though watching live is just blank black.

| Wed 28 Aug 2024 0:33:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Having checked (on what is considered an unreliable site, so I won't mention where) Sandy Heath does appear to broadcast a mix of ITV regions. ITV 1 (SD) (Anglia (West micro region)), ITV 1 HD (ITV Meridian Southampton). So my assumption that you have mixed transmitter reception is wrong. Why it is like this is something you'd have to ask ITV.

| Wed 28 Aug 2024 6:41:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

irishdaz

I tried recording. Again a black screen but if I fast forward I get a preview window with a picture!

| Wed 28 Aug 2024 7:13:57 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GJK

I now have this problem with ITV (channel 3) from Sandy Heath. Started in last couple of days or so. I've powered the Aura off, retuned manually, and can watch other channels OG but when I select channel 3 I get a black, silent screen. ITV HD is OK byt it does not broadcast the news and weather for the east.

Even odder, my wife recorded the local news and weather (as two separate programs) from ITV Sandy Heath and they appear in the list of recirded programs OK. However when we try to watch them we get the same black silent screen. But if I use the media server from an iPhone or iPad I can view and download the same recordings - so they are there. Even odder, if I select the media server from the TV I can watch the recordings, but going the normal route I cannot.

There is some sort of incompatibility between what Sandy Heath is transmitting for ITV standard definition and the Humax box.

| Thu 29 Aug 2024 11:14:14 #8 |
  9. Mars

Mars

special member

There is engineering work at Sandy Heath so that may have something to do with it.

| Thu 29 Aug 2024 11:24:31 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GJK - 37 mins ago  » 
    There is some sort of incompatibility between what Sandy Heath is transmitting for ITV standard definition and the Humax box.

Two people with the same problem suggests that this should be reported to ITV.

| Thu 29 Aug 2024 11:52:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.