My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

ITVX Crashes

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

I keep looking out for the Manhattan T4-R myself, i can't find if you can record more than 2 programmes at the same time, this is going to be the main thing for me.

| Sat 28 Oct 2023 18:29:17 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

james_uk - 1 hour ago  » 
    I keep looking out for the Manhattan T4-R myself, i can't find if you can record more than 2 programmes at the same time, this is going to be the main thing for me.

Yup, Manhattan are being a bit coy about that. For me the most important thing will be to discover whether early adopters think it is reasonably bug free,

| Sat 28 Oct 2023 20:17:25 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

I spent quite a while watching ITVX over the weekend and my Aura didn’t crash.

What apps/streaming services, if any, do people with crashes use on their Aura?

| Tue 31 Oct 2023 14:25:28 #13 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I don't use any streaming apps on my Aura, I use my TV's streaming services instead. I got fed up with having to re-login to them all every time I had to do a Factory Reset.

| Tue 31 Oct 2023 15:29:23 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

uktvuser

Same issues here with ITVX... can't believe Humax are not offering firmware updates to fix these devices. There isn't really anything else on the market or I would switch.

| Thu 2 Nov 2023 20:02:29 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have not used ITVX since it was introduced as I make sure I record everything I want to watch.

However, I used it for the first time last night as I wanted to watch ahead next weeks final episode of "The Long Shadow". It played without issue and did not crash when the program finished or when I exited the App.

| Sat 4 Nov 2023 13:16:32 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

micke

I found that trying to end the stream during the next episode countdown hangs the box followed by a reboot. Frustrating when there are recordings in progress. Couldn't find a way of suppressing autoplay (like iPlayer offers) so tried letting it run into the next episode and then stopping the stream. That worked but not ideal. Also tried a reset but that didn't help. Have emailed ITV for what it's worth. Not expecting much.

My old Fox T2 was brilliant until the green screen issue but the FVP-5000 experience that followed was dire. In general not really feeling the love for the Aura. Too many crashes for my liking. and no sign of any updates. Humax not what it was.

| Mon 6 Nov 2023 15:36:16 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

I have now tried to stop a next episode during the countdown and it froze and then rebooted.

If you exit out of the app during the countdown it doesn’t crash, just Stop or Back.

Does anyone’s work as it should?

| Mon 13 Nov 2023 11:15:58 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

micke

Had 2 réponses from ITV support.

First was how to reinstall the ITVX app. Trouble was the instructions were for the Fox T2. (unhelpful)

Second response:
    'Our technical team have got back after analysing the available data for your set up and can find no out of tolerance issues when compared to users who have the same set up.

They have advised for you to check if there is a software update for bother(sic) your device and app.'

Nobody's really interested are they.

| Thu 16 Nov 2023 14:35:14 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

micke - 3 hours ago  » 
    Had 2 réponses from ITV support.
    First was how to reinstall the ITVX app. Trouble was the instructions were for the Fox T2. (unhelpful)

As the Fox T2 never had support for any ITV player that is ridiculous.

| Thu 16 Nov 2023 18:32:15 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.