My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

ITVX supported

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I installed ITVX and upon opening it I got a message that it was not supported. Can’t remember the exact wording. So us this the start…new apps or updates to existing apps won’t work on the aura even though you can install them because Humax have basically “pulled the plug” on the box?
    I notice Barry has been very quiet on the general support of the Aura.

| Tue 29 Nov 2022 18:56:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

The ITV Hub still works, isn’t it the same thing?

| Tue 29 Nov 2022 19:13:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

It’s a replacement. Eventually ITV hub will go…but does that mean if you don’t have ITV hub you will at some point not be able to get it? Does it mean that if you installed it, it will stay installed even though it is no longer available for installation? My point is that the Aura is now unsupported and way behind all software it needs, e.g. android, firmware. Anyone disagree?

| Tue 29 Nov 2022 20:10:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Oddly ITVX just appeared on my Aura without me having to install it.

It does the same as yours and gives error, so for the odd time I use it I will just use ITV Hub. If that packs up I will worry about it then.

| Tue 29 Nov 2022 20:44:28 #4 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

The launch date for ITVX is the 8th December so it is a bit early to be moaning that it is not supported on the Aura. It has been soft launched on some devices. When I last checked, ITV hub had not been updated to ITVX on my Freesat 4K box, Sony Google TV (Youview), or Humax Aura. I expect it to be supported on all these devices. The version of ITVX available on the Google Play Store is not a Freeview version.

| Tue 29 Nov 2022 21:04:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Mars - 10 hours ago  » 
    The launch date for ITVX is the 8th December so it is a bit early to be moaning that it is not supported on the Aura. ...

Ahh, that's interesting, no wonder it's not working. I had never heard of it until people started talking about it on here !

| Wed 30 Nov 2022 8:00:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

So used to stuff now not working on the Humax. Will wait until the 8th and see what happens. Even money it still doesn’t work.

| Wed 30 Nov 2022 9:00:48 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Checked by Aura last night and it's still showing ITV Hub and working perfectly.

| Wed 30 Nov 2022 16:48:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Albags

Hi ..
    This might be of interest ..

"Devices And Smart TVs
    that Won't Get ITVX:
    Freeview Boxes:
    Humax FVP-5000T
    Humax FVP-4000T"

Humax confirmed that the only set-top box which will continue to support ITVX, is their Freeview Recorder/Android TV combo, HUMAX AURA.

"It’s important to note that the linear ITV Freeview/Freesat channels – the ones you’re getting via an aerial (or satellite, on Freesat) – will not be affected by this change.
    The only part that will stop working, on affected devices, is the broadband-based ITVX app, which is used to stream content"

| Wed 30 Nov 2022 17:08:24 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

My money is still on ITVX not working on the Aura.

| Thu 1 Dec 2022 13:02:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.