My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Just bought a 5000T

(14 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jenna - 42 mins ago  » 
    I used HDMI 2 because No 1 is an ARC port and I have a sound bar to connect. Would it be better used for the Humax?
    I am pleased to say that set up is complete - thanks so much for all the help. It was such a simple step - in my defence I can only say that the new kit is replacing a 15 years old TV and recorder and technology was much simpler then

HDMI2 in is fine. Ypu were correct generally HDM1 is the only one with ARC and presumably your sound bar uses arc (audio return channel).

Thetr are a few shortcuts that make the 5000T a lot slicker. It can be a bit slow.

Remember your favourite channel numbers eg ITV-HD is 103.

In the epg press 1 2 3 to jump to ITV-HD at the current time.

Whatever channel you are watching entering 123 switches to ITV-HD instantly.

Because the first boot of the day has to completely refresh the epg it's very slow to give you a full epg.

Setting a power on timer to refresh the epg avoids the delay.

Press the FVP button move right to settings and press OK. Move down to System settings and right to Power Timer and press OK. Set on timer at 07:00 with power off at 07:15.

Because all the 5 main HD channels are transmitted on one multiplex (PSB3).

You can set any 4 of them to record at the same time. It is however possible to record all 5 of them using a simple dodge.

Set 4 of them in the usual way . Set a reminder for the 5th channel.

This switches to that channel when it starts. This resets the time shift buffer file to start at the beginning of the buffer file. On your remote there is a red circle (instant record) button just above the blue on demand button. Pressing that copies the time shift buffer file to a real recording. If you look at the recordings list you will see all 5 are recording.

Chasing Playback. You can watch a recording that is already being recorded behind real time.

Example

Say you have ITV-HD set to record at say 19:00. If you start to play back the recording and get to the start of an ad break. Press the OK button. If the indicator above the timeline is not blue press up to make it blue.

You can change the forward and reverse skip times in settings but the defaults work OK for the usual 4 min breaks Press the button to the right of OK twice (skips 4 mins). If you overshoot press the left button a few times till you see the end of the break.

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 17:59:20 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Jenna - 42 mins ago  » 
    I used HDMI 2 because No 1 is an ARC port and I have a sound bar to connect. Would it be better used for the Humax?
    I am pleased to say that set up is complete - thanks so much for all the help. It was such a simple step - in my defence I can only say that the new kit is replacing a 15 years old TV and recorder and technology was much simpler then

HDMI2 in is fine. Ypu were correct generally HDM1 is the only one with ARC and presumably your sound bar uses arc (audio return channel).
    Thetr are a few shortcuts that make the 5000T a lot slicker. It can be a bit slow.
    Remember your favourite channel numbers eg ITV-HD is 103.
    In the epg press 1 2 3 to jump to ITV-HD at the current time.
    Whatever channel you are watching entering 123 switches to ITV-HD instantly.
    Because the first boot of the day has to completely refresh the epg it's very slow to give you a full epg.
    Setting a power on timer to refresh the epg avoids the delay.
    Press the FVP button move right to settings and press OK. Move down to System settings and right to Power Timer and press OK. Set on timer at 07:00 with power off at 07:15.
    Because all the 5 main HD channels are transmitted on one multiplex (PSB3).
    You can set any 4 of them to record at the same time. It is however possible to record all 5 of them using a simple dodge.
    Set 4 of them in the usual way . Set a reminder for the 5th channel.
    This switches to that channel when it starts. This resets the time shift buffer file to start at the beginning of the buffer file. On your remote there is a red circle (instant record) button just above the blue on demand button. Pressing that copies the time shift buffer file to a real recording. If you look at the recordings list you will see all 5 are recording.
    Chasing Playback. You can watch a recording that is already being recorded behind real time.
    Example
    Say you have ITV-HD set to record at say 19:00. If you start to play back the recording and get to the start of an ad break. Press the OK button. If the indicator above the timeline is not blue press up to make it blue.
    You can change the forward and reverse skip times in settings but the defaults work OK for the usual 4 min breaks Press the button to the right of OK twice (skips 4 mins). If you overshoot press the left button a few times till you see the end of the break.

Thanks to Barry

The number sequence should of course be 1 0 3

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 19:56:27 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

Jenna - 42 mins ago  » 

Thetr are a few shortcuts that make the 5000T a lot slicker. It can be a bit slow........and all the rest of it........

I can't help thinking, for a reply to a user new to the box, that was just a touch of overkill.

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 23:36:50 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jenna

Thanks for the guidance. I have yet to delve into how the box operates, but will start with something simple like recording a single programme.

It's reassuring to know that this forum exists to help out newbies like me when getting to grips with some complicated technology.

Thanks again

Jenna

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 15:28:57 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.