My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

led power on/standby

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fave rimmer

Bought a new 5000t, powered it up but no led. Thought the psu might be us but when i lifted the machine up to remove the power plug i noticed anled red glow from underbeath the base plate. So it was powered up and it worked fine. But the led does not show through the front pannel. Spoke to Humax customer services and he was the most unhelpful customer servives representative I have ever come across. Returned machine to tetailer and he refunded. Is this a problem others have encountered or is the machine designed this wayled

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 19:57:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/led-indications#post-47389

No doubt this applies.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 20:10:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fave rimmer

Thanks for the swift reply but how utterly ridiculous that you cant see if the power is on without picking the machine up and looking through the base plate....wont be buying another Humax

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 20:18:30 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

fave rimmer - 11 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the swift reply but how utterly ridiculous that you cant see if the power is on without picking the machine up and looking through the base plate....wont be buying another Humax

A simple mirror under the box is a non tech and effective solution or even a small piece of aluminium foil.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 20:32:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fave rimmer

Thanks for the low tec solution but a low tec solution on an otherwise high tec machine doesnt cut the ice with me and more particularly her indoors giving me ear ache. So bye bye Humax

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 20:38:28 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

fave rimmer - 2 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the low tec solution but a low tec solution on an otherwise high tec machine doesnt cut the ice with me and more particularly her indoors giving me ear ache. So bye bye Humax

What are you going to replace it with. There is only 1 candidate that has 3 tuners and a similar recording capability.

Guess what it's a Humax box

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 20:44:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

fave rimmer

Can you actually see it that one is powered up or in standby without turning the machibe over?

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 20:48:36 #7 |
  8. prking

prking

fave rimmer - 12 mins ago  » 
    Can you actually see it that one is powered up or in standby without turning the machibe over?

Yes, because like the other Humax boxes it’s not angled straight down and illuminates the shelf the box is on. My Sony TV does something similar.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 21:02:41 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

fave rimmer

Ta for the info

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 21:17:35 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I have a small piece of white card beneath the front of mine and a couple of small blocks lifting the front about 5mm and the LEDs are clearly visible except when the Sun shines directly onto it.

| Mon 29 Mar 2021 23:01:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.