My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Lip sync issues

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jimmy_M

Been using my Aura for a couple months and noticing lip sync issues. TV is Samsung QLED with audio connected to sound bar by HDMI arc. Seems worst on BBC HD channels but also exists on Netflix, other FTA channels and recording playback. Have applied the latest firmware for both the TV and Aura but problem still there. Any ideas?

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 15:02:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I too had lip sync issues in general and only resolved it after the latest firmware. I switched off the advanced Dolby setting. Mt12 transcoding I think. Needs a restart but once off it worked for me. No lip sync issues - doesn’t matter what I now watch. E.g. used to get it from chrome casting but no more. BBC 1 was out of sync - no more, etc.

| Wed 10 Feb 2021 16:28:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jimmy_M

Thanks for the information. I have applied the latest firmware and made change to Dolby setting. Will report back once I've used it for a while as BBC was particularly awful

| Thu 11 Feb 2021 20:09:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

The only place I get sync issues are in iPlayer which is annoying as that's that catch up service of choice for us.

Other streaming apps work fine, which makes it doubly odd.

| Fri 12 Feb 2021 10:31:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jimmy_M

As per last post, made changes as advised and lip sync issues gone. Interestingly, BBC which was the worst (especially iPlayer) now ok.

Thanks for the help

| Mon 15 Feb 2021 14:25:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Raggeh

Trying to cast Netflix to the Aura is terrible, getting big audio delays. Tried the Mt12 transcoding off as mentioned above but no joy. Will be plugging the actual Chromecast back in later. Unfortunately the Aura continues to reveal disappointment.

| Tue 25 Oct 2022 14:20:50 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.