My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Live channel streaming after hard reboot?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

Having needed to perform a hard reboot (after unit lockup) the Aura goes into standby mode (as expected). However I can't see any live channels available for network streaming using VLC or Android's Bubble upnp. It's only when I put the Aura in Normal mode (come out of standby by pressing the Standby button on the remote) and going back into Standby mode, am I able see the live channels available for streaming whilst in Standby.

I ask this as I've been bed bound for a week with a back problem and can only watch live television on a tablet accessing Aura's live channel streaming abilities. If the Aura hangs or goes non-responsive I can hard reboot it using a smart plug controlled by the tablet. Trouble is, I can't perform the 'coming out and going back into' standby routine remotely - I have to get this done physically, which at present I can't do as the Auro is the other side of the house.

Anybody got any ideas as to how I can achieve this all remotely I.e. via a tablet?

| Wed 6 Sep 2023 18:07:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

A Wireless IR extender? Not a cheap solution, but would allow you to have Aura remote control next to you, and turn Aura On/off as required from other side of house.

| Wed 6 Sep 2023 19:21:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

MattB1 - 6 mins ago  » 
    A Wireless IR extender? Not a cheap solution, but would allow you to have Aura remote control next to you, and turn Aura On/off as required from other side of house.

I was hoping it was something I wasn't doing right or had overlooked.

| Wed 6 Sep 2023 19:29:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

How far away is your bedroom from the Aura?

If the remote is set up in Bluetooth mode it should have a theoretical range of approx 10 metres (30 feet). Range could be shortened by walls etc.

Maybe worth a try?

| Fri 8 Sep 2023 10:36:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RatherLargeZed

Harters - 9 hours ago  » 
    How far away is your bedroom from the Aura?
    If the remote is set up in Bluetooth mode it should have a theoretical range of approx 10 metres (30 feet). Range could be shortened by walls etc.
    Maybe worth a try?

Yeah - one of the first things I tried. Unfortunately that Bluetooth signal has got 2 brick walls and about 25ft to travel to get to the Aura, so it doesn't receive it. I'll keep trying.

| Fri 8 Sep 2023 20:21:49 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.