My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost all recording

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

Tonight it looks like the hard drive has formatted and I've lost all my recordings. There was 17% used now it shows "less than 1%" All my planned recordings are still showing and one show is being recorded now but it's not showing in the most recent or still to watch.
    Has anybody also got this problem? Is there a way to get all my recording back or are they gone?
    I haven't formatted the drive, it looks like it did it by itself!
    Is it the new software update?

| Thu 18 Aug 2016 21:25:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mexicano

mexicano - 1 hour ago  » 
    Tonight it looks like the hard drive has formatted and I've lost all my recordings. There was 17% used now it shows "less than 1%" All my planned recordings are still showing and one show is being recorded now but it's not showing in the most recent or still to watch.
    Has anybody also got this problem? Is there a way to get all my recording back or are they gone?
    I haven't formatted the drive, it looks like it did it by itself!
    Is it the new software update?

Edit; In storage it now says " Connect a USB hard drive (HDD) to the box to be able to record programmes and pause live TV"
    Does this mean that the HDD is dead?

| Thu 18 Aug 2016 22:29:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mexicano - 2 hours ago  » 
    Has anybody also got this problem?

Quite a lot of people. Take a deep breath and start reading at Link to one of many threads on missing hard drives

Is there a way to get all my recording back or are they gone?

The consensus view is that it is not (in most cases) a hard drive problem. A number of the boxes seem to recover. Currently best advice seems to be unpair the Freesat App, remove any internet connection from the box and leave it with no mains power for a few days.

| Thu 18 Aug 2016 23:32:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

texaspetey

Unfortunately you are not alone and there are loads of unhappy humax owners out there. This happened to my box a few weeks ago. My box was brought in October 2014 from Argos but I failed to extend the warranty (to two years) with Humax as I didn't realise you could.

I 'phoned Humax this week and they simply said this is a known issue to do with the freetime app (you will be able to see you recordings on the app still) which somehow is messing up the Humax box. They said it was being investigated and they anticipate a software update to be released to fix this but they don't know when. After he checked that my serial number hadn't been registered for the extended warranty, I was simply told by the operator that if I wanted to record I would have to buy a new box!!

That was not an answer I was willing to accept as I only installed the app after being prompted by the box when I first set it up and have never used the app since.

I used social media to my benefit(!) and e-mailed them several times and they agreed to replace my box with a new one! Phew!

| Thu 25 Aug 2016 20:36:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

glovebox

I have a HDR1000s,the same thing has been happening to me for several months,( just a couple of months after the warranty expired)! I lose all recordings, no storage recognised, and then miraculously after a few days of frustration all my recordings reappear. Humax just tell me to reset to factory settings, but it does'nt cure the problem.It seems to me they have,nt got a clue. I have decided to ditch the s**t and buy another box, NOT HUMAX!!!

| Sat 27 Aug 2016 18:01:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

smurray

Mine did it today - sigh - had 29% of 2TB box recorded and now it says less than 1% and isn't recording. HELP I only bought it in January but I'm in France now..

| Sat 27 Aug 2016 20:42:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

texaspetey

cant help people that have already experienced it apart from my post above about how I got Humax to send me a replacement out of warranty, but What I would suggest for readers of this thread is to unpair your device from using the freetime app from the humax box, and delete the apps from your phone as this seems to be the problem.

| Sun 28 Aug 2016 10:23:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

texaspetey

smurray - 13 hours ago  » 
    Mine did it today - sigh - had 29% of 2TB box recorded and now it says less than 1% and isn't recording. HELP I only bought it in January but I'm in France now..

Do you have a hdr-1000s? It will be under warranty in first year so contact humax: 03443188800 uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk

| Sun 28 Aug 2016 10:28:09 #8 |
  9. AndrewB

AndrewB

My HDR-1000S lost all recordings this week, 2.5years old. Humax say it's a £55 exchange for an 1100S unit or nothing.
    I just want to fix the old box so I can watch the 1Tb of recordings on the drive.

| Wed 13 Sep 2017 23:59:44 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.