My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost recordings and on demand problem

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

I've just returned from holiday to find our 1000S has apparently lost all the previously recorded programmes. The disk was approx 68% full before we went away and now says that there are no recorded programmes. Additionally, neither iPlayer or ITV player work but Youtube does. All of the on demand functions were working.

There has been a mains power supply interruption whilst we were away; is this the likely culprit? Are the recordings really lost?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Geoff

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 18:26:22 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There could have been a mains spike when power was restored.
    Power down the deice for 5 mins and restart and see if in the same state.

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 18:50:25 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To clarify - power down means turn off all power to the unit. Easiest way is simply pull out the low voltage power supply plug from the rear of the unit.

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 18:55:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff45

I switched the mains supply off at the socket last night for more than 5 mins but that didn't make any difference...

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 19:17:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

eb1234567

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution Please?

| Tue 29 Mar 2016 23:14:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

Take a look at the posts back on the main page guys, you are not alone (I had the same issue last week).

This is a major problem with what I believe to be a software issue and Humax are doing Bo Diddley to sort it out. And why would they? From the look of most posters on here, their solution is to buy another Humax box! Nice little earner in my opinion.

Personally, I wouldn't give any Humax product the time of day going forward. It's entirely up to you what you do but why line the pockets of an organisation that clearly has no interest in providing a product to their customers that is fit for purpose. They're the Hotpoint of the satellite world!

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 7:55:32 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Madarse - 2 hours ago  » 
    Take a look at the posts back on the main page guys, you are not alone (I had the same issue last week).
    This is a major problem with what I believe to be a software issue and Humax are doing Bo Diddley to sort it out.

You don't know what Humax are doing about it and in fact could not be more wrong.

Finding the cause is proving to be extremely difficult.

Every unit returned to Humax with the issue has so far recovered without their intervention, and before they have had chance to debug the problem, so investigations continue.

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 10:01:54 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Madarse

"You don't know what Humax are doing about it and in fact could not be more wrong."

You're absolutely right Barry, I don't know what they're doing about it as they're not advising their customers. As you clearly do know, I'd appreciate some clarification, as would the hundreds of other 'customers' that have the same problem!

If, as you claim, every unit that has been returned to them has miraculously repaired itself before they could investigate the problem, I'd love to know what happens to the box between it being posted back to them and them receiving it. Perhaps I should just throw it on the back seat of the car and drive it up and down the M6 a few times before plugging it back in?

Any help/clarification would be much appreciated. Oh, and if you think I'm disappointed with Humax's lack of response/communication, I'll put you in touch with my wife.

| Wed 30 Mar 2016 12:35:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

nontechsavvy

I had same symptoms,iplayer & itv hub not working but 4,5od & youtube all o.k.No icons in on demand but selecting the blanks still made them load.Also my recordings were no longer there.
    Tried system reset,checked ethernet broadband connection,powering off router and looking for updates etc as per other posts,but no luck.
    Out of desperation went to settings,storage,HDD and performed disk clean up - EUREKA,all working again!
    Didn't for one minute consider that a corrupt HDD would affect what I thought was an internet problem.
    Steve.

| Sun 10 Apr 2016 20:30:05 #9 |
  10. BritVik

BritVik

I, too, suddenly experienced the 'No recordings' message yesterday on my HDR-1000S-500MB from 2014. Using the old Windows trick of removing power and re-starting, was relieved to find that, indeed, the recordings were still there. But how many times can I do this, and why must I do it? Is the error on the motherboard or a fault of the HDD? Anyone come up with the answer and/or a solution yet. Seems I am not alone. If the HDD is likely to be at fault, then what is the current make and model that is suitable for a 1TB replacement?
    My old head is experiencing something of a quandary.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 15:09:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.