My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost recordings and on demand problem

(16 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My box had done this 3 or 4 times in 4 yrs. It could be a timing issue or as Repassac says attempting to view the epg/schedule before the home page has populated. A warm boot (powering off the box and rebooting) restores the recording schedule. Nothing to worry about and not to be confused with the permanent loss of recordings caused by a faulty component on the motherboard. Humax will fix this on boxes out of warranty for a fixed charge of £26.00.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 14:26:52 #11 |
  2. BritVik

BritVik

That was indeed a prompt reply, and thanks. I have made a record of it, should the problem re-occur. In the meantime I shall keep my fingers crossed.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 16:35:12 #12 |
  3. BritVik

BritVik

The problem as quoted has not reappeared since I changed the HDD,but there is a new problem that is raising its head. It is one of erased programmes - erased whilst going through the menu - and one I desperately wished to keep on Ken Dodd at 90 simply disappeared whilst seeking through the menu for just this programme to mark it for keeping, and not even pressing any buttons for safety sake. Is this a result of an 'over-sensitive' menu since it disappeared even though it was not visible in the list on screen. This has happened to a number of programmes of late - they literally just disappear. Unlike the old Sky box I am still using, there is no reference to 'Are you sure you want to delete?' as a safety step. And sadly there is no recall of lost programmes despite the lack of that step.

| Tue 29 May 2018 16:34:38 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BritVik - 38 minutes ago  » 
    The problem as quoted has not reappeared since I changed the HDD,but there is a new problem that is raising its head. It is one of erased programmes - erased whilst going through the menu - and one I desperately wished to keep on Ken Dodd at 90 simply disappeared whilst seeking through the menu for just this programme to mark it for keeping, and not even pressing any buttons for safety sake. Is this a result of an 'over-sensitive' menu since it disappeared even though it was not visible in the list on screen. This has happened to a number of programmes of late - they literally just disappear. Unlike the old Sky box I am still using, there is no reference to 'Are you sure you want to delete?' as a safety step. And sadly there is no recall of lost programmes despite the lack of that step.

What drive did you install in the box ?

| Tue 29 May 2018 17:13:36 #14 |
  5. BritVik

BritVik

It was a Seagate ST2000VM003 Pipeline HD 2TB 3½" from Amazon at a reasonable GBP60. Fitting was straightforward, simply removing the original and replacing it with this new one, and formatting carried out by the box. Other than the problem described, it has functioned 100% since installation and is only occupied to 25% i.e. about the same quantity of programmes as the original which declared itself 95% full.(500 MB).

| Wed 30 May 2018 16:17:46 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BritVik - 6 minutes ago  » 
    It was a Seagate ST2000VM003 Pipeline HD 2TB 3½" from Amazon at a reasonable GBP60. Fitting was straightforward, simply removing the original and replacing it with this new one, and formatting carried out by the box. Other than the problem described, it has functioned 100% since installation and is only occupied to 25% i.e. about the same quantity of programmes as the original which declared itself 95% full.(500 MB).

I have the same drive, never lost any existing recordings other than deleting them manually or after deliberately filling the disk to check auto delete.

| Wed 30 May 2018 16:25:29 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.