My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost recordings - format Harddrive

(68 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rumfuddle

Hi,

Well I've had the HDR100s for a couple of months after 13 years with Sky and on the whole I'm finding it pretty stable, easy to use and the picture is better than Sky HD.

But on Friday evening I turned the box on, it started up and then displayed a hard drive not correctly formatted message, after a couple of seconds it went directly to the format drive screen. I cancelled out of the screen and restarted the box but all recorded programs had disappeared (thankfully nothing important).

I formatted the drive and have recorded loads of rubbish over the weekend to test the machine out and it looks to be working fine again but I am apprehensive about it reoccurring in the future.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 13:25:08 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Not had similar with 500GB version.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 13:30:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rumfuddle

Thanks Barry,

Its the 500gb that I've got, hopefully it was a one off problem, thankfully we got pretty much up to date program wise over the xmas break.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 13:42:54 #3 |
  4. chrisund123

chrisund123

hasn't happened to me, I've been using mine since 20th Nov or there abouts lol.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 15:43:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Binary_Ssleuth

Just switched my HDR1000s on this evening and it is displaying an error message which says, in broken English and badly punctuated: "! The hard disk drive. has not been formatted properly. to record programmes, press OK to go the storage menu and format the hard disk drive."

The only way to get the box to do anything is to click okay, which I did. And it's formatted the hard disk and errased all my recordings. I am furious.

Have others experienced this? I've seen a few posts on another forum complaining about the same issue within the last two days. Have Humax or Freesat done something to cause this?

To say I am furious at losing all my recordings is an understatement.

Clearly I'm reluctant to do this becasue I will lose all my refordings, but I've seen some posts on "My Humax Forum" saying they've had the same message this week and lost everything. Have Humax or Freesat done something to nuke people's boxes this week?

| Thu 10 Jan 2013 20:24:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fmacandr

Mine has same message but when I get to the storage screen prompt all that could be seen on screen was "undefined".
    I have gone back to factory settings ... nothing has fixed this. I have lost my recordings and can't even watch the TV as the error message to format the drive after about 5 minutes and the only way to get rid of it is to switch off at the mains....
    Will be calling HUMAX first thing on Monday.

| Sat 12 Jan 2013 22:06:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

themonkster

The same happened to me this morning.

1tb box. Could not get the message off. Powered down. In the end had to bite the bullet.

Boom 3 months of Recordings Gone HD David Attenborough gone. 68 Peppa Pigs gone. My daughter is not Happy.

I've sent a very harsh email to Humax.

Its my first experience with Humax to be honest I'm not impressed.

I bought this 3 months ago.

This surely can't happen again. Its a travesty.

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 10:15:46 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrSloth

Exactly the same has just happened to us this evening. All recordings lost, luckily nothing too important but all the same we're not too impressed!

Would like to see some sort of response from Humax but have never had anything useful from their customer support.

| Sun 13 Jan 2013 20:01:36 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

tony.b

My 1TB box did the same yesterday. Thankfully I'm still fighting with missed series-link recordings, so there was little on it to lose. Can't help but think it was launched too early...

| Mon 21 Jan 2013 13:36:18 #9 |
  10. chistery

chistery

Just lost all mine too. It also says the hard drive is 0% full. When I bought it, it was at 10% full as soon as I powered it on. Not impressed.

| Tue 22 Jan 2013 20:07:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.